Axe-Fx III Cygnus Factory Preset Banks A, B, and C

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can do this from within Fractal-Bot, or you can export the preset then import it into whatever slot you want from the Preset menu, or you can use the Preset Manager to export or import it. Give them a try, glance at the manual if necessary, it's easily done.

I would like to point out that for whatever reason Fracbot doesn't seem to work well with the latest firmware. Careful.

I would like to point out that for whatever reason Fracbot doesn't seem to work well with the latest firmware. Careful.
Worked fine for me, updating from 16.01 to 16.02, then importing the entire collection of updated presets. I used the one embedded in Axe-Edit.

What sorts of problems did you have?

Also it doesn't work if axe edit is running simultaneously, are you sure it's not that?
The version embedded in Axe-Edit or FM3-Edit works fine. The standalone version of Fractal-Bot won't work if either Editor is running. Whether it's the embedded or standalone version is an important distinction.

Last edited:
Possible error in preset?

Preset 286 - Yngwie!
Scene S03 +PEQ

Changing to the S03 +PEQ does engage the PEQ, but it's totally flat.
I noticed that the PEQ in this Scene is Channel "B".
I moved it to Channel "A" and it is not flat and looks intended to be used instead of Channel "B".
In all other Scenes, the PEQ is set to Channel "A" but the PEQ is set to Bypass.

Your previous post says you were using FracTool, but now you're saying that "Fracbot" doesn't work.

There is no "Fracbot" application, it's either Fractal-Bot, or FracTool.

Fractal-Bot works correctly. I can't comment on whether FracTool works.

Notice that Fractal Audio specifically said
use Fractal-Bot
in the release notes.

I'd recommend you start over using the Fractal-Bot embedded in Axe-Edit III.

Last edited:
I don't want to hijack this thread with my standard soap box rant about how much I want real library functionality in in AxeEdit. To me a preset should just have a state of either on the AxeFx or in the library. The library should be pretty much unlimited in how many presets one could have and the whole inventory should support custom tagging along with setting up filters and groups on known attributes such as a block type, effect type, amp type, etc... to compensate I use a 3rd party product for tagging along with a workflow I've put together where I keep a pristine download repository of presets. I usually load the banks into the Axe then export them back out to the individual presets. Sometimes I leave them in order of the bank but other times I'll start to categorize them or alphabetize them but mostly I use the 3rd party product for that sort of thing. In that tagging software is where I mark things like favorites or rate them etc... I can then use those tags to generate groupings of what I want to upload to the AxeFx or to find something quickly. There is a link to a bit of discussion in another thread here https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...nks-2-3-coming-mid-summer.164305/post-2001226

This:
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...-presets-irs-and-blocks-and-set-lists.162038/

So far, I've left the factory presets alone in the first, what is it, 384 slots? I've been going through the new ones again, one by one, and if I like one a lot, I'll save an edited copy in the last bank with my other personal presets. I pretty much always need to edit at least a little, for levels if nothing else.

I like being able to go back through the originals, checking for gems I might have missed, and seeing if I lost my way on some, so my copy is worse than how it came.

I'm not currently using any commercial presets, though I have some. There are a couple of highly regarded packs from the usual suspects that I might investigate, which of course would make things a lot more crowded.

I'm resisting wanting more preset capacity, since my IR adventures have confirmed what I already knew: Stuff expands to fill All The Space, no matter how much there is.

There are a lot of presets inspired by various bands and songs. Are there any factory presets that are Tool/Adam Jones inspired?

Just for the record, I updated from 16.01 to 16.02 using the stand alone Fractal-Bot (3.0.8) without a problem. Then I uploaded the new presets with the Axe-Edit (1.08.14) using the "Manage Presets" option (that's the way I've been always doing this, I store the factory presets at slots 128-511 as I want the first 127 for my personal presets) again, with no problems whatsoever.

Yes, that's a weird bug of some kind. The modifier, External 1, is assigned to Volume Control in Volume/Pan block 1. It WORKS, but is not visible. I removed it, re-created it, and saved the preset and now it is fine.

Similar thing with "HOME WORLD":

According to the Modifiers screen, Ext Ctrl 1 controls a Filter and Volume/Pan 2 block, but the Volume/Pan 2 block shows no modifier.

(And what an awesome preset that is!)

And the wife and kids are away for a week you say? Well, guess I won't be stuck for something to do after all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom