Axe-Fx III Cygnus Factory Preset Banks A, B, and C

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for the hard work Matt ! Spent some time with some of the new bank C presets yesterday, they are really amazing

@Admin M@ The Pitch Follower preset didn't show up on my FC12 correctly. It looks like some per-preset definitions were put into the Scene Layout that I didn't put in there - maybe worth a look? Possible it's my config but literally every other factory preset that I auditioned behaved as normal except this one. Switches 1 and 2 were completely dark as if nothing was there but 1 said Top Ten 1 and 2 said Megatap. thought it was odd.

Nice catch, that is a preset I made and I forgot to clear the PP overrides before I sent it. You can go Per-Preset FC - Overrides - Clear all overrides in Axe-Edit.

Alternatively, here is the edited preset with everything sorted out. @Admin M@

Attachments

• Pitch Follower.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 44
Axe-Fx III Factory Preset Banks A, B, and C — optimized for Cygnus firmware version 16.02 — are now ready for you to try and enjoy

IMPORTANT: These banks require firmware version 16.02, available here:
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/axe-fx-iii-firmware-release-version-16-02.173356/
After installing firmware 16.02, use Fractal-Bot to send the new preset banks to your unit. Using the "All Banks" file is most convenient, as it installs all 384 presets at once, overwriting the current contents of Banks A, B, and C on your unit.

DOWNLOAD NOW:
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downlo...x-3/16p0/Axe-Fx-III-Factory-Presets-16p02.zip

NOTES:
As you know from the A/B preview, those banks were converted and polished, with numerous improvements.
Now, Bank C has been enhanced even further, with so many new and/or improved presets I lost track. Digging deep on this one, I drew from my personal private collection, plus the "Artist Preset" packs we've shared, and even included some submissions from Leon @2112 Todd, Brett @Burgs Kingman, @edo Sounds, @austinbuddy, @fremen, and @Mark Day. Special thanks to @simeon Harris for allowing us to "tap" into his awesome library of Multitap Delay blocks ;-)

We are very grateful for your appreciation of the previous "preview" release, and for your comments that allow fixing any issues. Once any new comments come in I will quickly produce a final version and put these on our website and into production.
Will we have the same presets for FM3? I mean Bank A, B and C?
PLEASEEE!!!!!!!

I'm sure we may give more concrete feedback on the Beta once we test it with good presets.
THANKS!

How do you make these work on the FM3?
You can use Fractal-Bot or the Preset Manager. The first will load them en masse or by individual banks, and the second will let you load them selectively.

The bigger issue is that they use the larger preset grid that the FX3 has, unlike the FM3, so some blocks will probably be disconnected and moved to the leftmost column. You will need to manually move the blocks and reconnect them. And some blocks don’t exist on the FM3 so they won’t transfer at all. And, sometimes preset being transferred has too high of a CPU demand so the FM3 can’t run it unless you delete some blocks.

With an FX3 it’s pretty easy to adjust them then export then import them into the FM3. Without that you will probably have a harder time making them work.

https://wiki.fractalaudio.com/wiki/..._the_FM3_to_the_Axe-Fx_III#Presets_and_scenes will help.

Last edited:
PLEASEEE!!!!!!!

I'm sure we may give more concrete feedback on the Beta once we test it with good presets.
THANKS!
They will eventually be released.

Good feedback doesn’t require factory presets, it takes trying to work through problems you encounter with presets you work with, figuring out how to duplicate them, and explaining them in a manner that lets Fractal duplicate them. Telling Fractal something sounds good is nice but doesn’t help debug and that’s the point for beta testing.

They will eventually be released.

Good feedback doesn’t require factory presets, it takes trying to work through problems you encounter with presets you work with, figuring out how to duplicate them, and explaining them in a manner that lets Fractal duplicate them. Telling Fractal something sounds good is nice but doesn’t help debug and that’s the point for beta testing.
Generally speaking you are right.

But I invested money in something I would use out of the box. Eventually I'll learn more if I would.

Plus, FM3 is cheaper, so it is more probable that a wider number of less experienced user will buy it. This means that the FM3 needs more than the AxeFx III factory presets.

About feedback, given the assumption, if I have something that works good it would be more probable that I won't give feedback about aspects that depends on the factory presets not 100% fine tuned.

Some old presets, like Farfegnugen and Damage Nexus, which have not returned in the new banks B and C, are now incorporated as scenes in presets in Bank A. Nice!

@Admin M@ :

regarding bank A:

JS410: maybe remove the Wah and change the Whammy to External 1 (instead of 2)? The "golden whammy" is too good to exclude users with just one expression pedal ...

JM45 BLUES LEAD: the mix of the delay (in scene 2) is too low to be heard.

regarding Bank B:

EKKOPLEK: the Rotary block is controlled by an Envelope, but the block is not engaged in any scene.

Last edited:
Thank you for the factory presets @Admin M@ they are really fantastic to use as they are.
Some additional (user) presets are great to have. Came across the Fremen's Drones of Arrakis.. wow that is awesome to use in a composition/song or just to play with.. got me hooked for a long time getting ideas how to use it.

Also the Mr.Floyd and the Petrucci rig are phenomenal work... awesome tones!

Cheers

What methodology do you use for auditioning the presets and selecting your favorites?

The presets on my hard disk occupy more than 10 times the capacity of the Axe-FX III, therefore I cannot afford the luxury of keeping them loaded.

I load one single bank, play preset by preset, and rename the ones that I discard with a blank. Once I finish, I save the survivors (the ones that still keep a name) on a Factory Favorites folder.

If I make some interesting modification on a preset, I save it in a <empty> slot with a suffix

Axe-Edit III.png
It is slow, because sometimes I spend hours playing with a single preset, but I like to separate the ones that I can find useful

What's your method?

That’s exactly what I do!
Just about to start again with the new presets :) good times.
Thanks
Pauly

What methodology do you use for auditioning the presets and selecting your favorites?

The presets on my hard disk occupy more than 10 times the capacity of the Axe-FX III, therefore I cannot afford the luxury of keeping them loaded.

I load one single bank, play preset by preset, and rename the ones that I discard with a blank. Once I finish, I save the survivors (the ones that still keep a name) on a Factory Favorites folder.

If I make some interesting modification on a preset, I save it in a <empty> slot with a suffix

View attachment 83859
It is slow, because sometimes I spend hours playing with a single preset, but I like to separate the ones that I can find useful

What's your method?

PLEASEEE!!!!!!!

THANKS!
I think we have to somewhat temper expectations while the A amp bank is doable , there were some pretty cpu intensive presets in bank B C , some presets like
Burgs Starwards for instance was about 75% on the Axe 3

i am sure we will get amazing presets but expect some will not make the cut or will have to be modified for the FM3

What's your method?

Get a Mark II. ;)

Preset 335: Comb Delays

Love this one, but would like to know if it's possible to get that glitch effect that happens when changing scenes any other way? This is the closest I've heard the AxeFx come to the glitch effect the Virus synth has.

Try it for your self. Arpeggiate a chord on Scene 2 then select Scene 3 right before your next chord. Any scene change works, but that's a good one.

Generally speaking you are right.

But I invested money in something I would use out of the box. Eventually I'll learn more if I would.

Plus, FM3 is cheaper, so it is more probable that a wider number of less experienced user will buy it. This means that the FM3 needs more than the AxeFx III factory presets.

About feedback, given the assumption, if I have something that works good it would be more probable that I won't give feedback about aspects that depends on the factory presets not 100% fine tuned.

You say you bought something to work out of the box, well that's why there's ARES and its set of factory presets. New units won't ship with Beta firmware so no risk for the less experienced users as you say.

If you like to participate in the Public Beta process you have to understand that you are not entering in a bug free zone, and as such, it's a process where a little investment in learning and understanding the unit will come a long way. Definitely won't recommend any Beta software for someone who wants it to "work right out of the box".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom