Axe-Fx III Cubase setup help

Chromatic

Hello,

I just got my Axe-FX III and it is working totally fine and i can edit the presets with Axe-Edit III without problems.
Now i try to connect it to my DAW (Cubase 10), but i don't get any input on the meters and no sound comes from the DAW.
Just for testing, i activated and added all inputs but the meters don't move.
I'm using the space verb 2 factory preset on the Axe-FX.
Can anyone help?
Here some screens of my settings:
Download.png
Screenshot_1.jpg
Screenshot_2.jpg
Screenshot_3.jpg

Odd, try enable the Monitor button on your Cubase track and see if that does anything?

Also, I'm assuming you already know Cubase well, so you have set your track with the correct Input and Output? I don't know what level of user you are so please forgive any wrong assumptions on my side.

So, i just fixed it... i had the standard audio device set to my other speakers instead of the Axe-FX. I set the Axe-FX as standard to test if it would play back the sound of a youtube video. It didn't work, so i replugged the USB cord and then i got signal, also in Cubase.
It probably was just some bug in Windows...
Thanks for the help! :)

So, i just fixed it... i had the standard audio device set to my other speakers instead of the Axe-FX. I set the Axe-FX as standard to test if it would play back the sound of a youtube video. It didn't work, so i replugged the USB cord and then i got signal, also in Cubase.
It probably was just some bug in Windows...
Thanks for the help! :)

Good news!!

So, I'm new to using DAW's. I have Cubase 10.5. I have my Yamaha S80 connected to my computer using M Audio via Midi. That works great and I can play all my VST's in Cubase but how do I get the AxeFxIII to show up in my DAW. Do I need to plug the axefxIII into my M Audio as well or just use USB into my computer-which I have now. Right now when I select add midi track it works fine but when I select add audio track it asks for the inputs to record on.
1608065317300.png

I just downloaded Cubase and want to record from my Axe FX III - I have tried everything and can't get it to recognize it. Any suggestions? I am hooked in via USB - Garageband recognized it as a device but didn't record in 44khz and had latency issues, so I got cubase but cant figure out how to get it to recognize it. I made a new midi track and it seems to have Axe FX III listed - but can't hear anything or figure out what to do to get it to fully work. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!Screenshot at Dec 19 18-27-28.png

That’s the wrong kind of track. With all due respect, it sounds like you need to spend some time learning how to use Cubase. You might be better off starting with a daw like GarageBand. An AxeFX will work fine with GarageBand.

I tried adding as a regular track too, but there is no input listed there for the Axe FX III. Also, I cannot get GarageBand to work without a long latency and in the forum it says they don't support Apple products and to use Cubase instead.Screenshot at Dec 19 19-15-16.png

the forum it says they don't support Apple products and to use Cubase instead.

That is nonsense ;).

If you’re having latency problems, it sounds like you’re trying to monitor through your daw. Instead, monitor direct from your AxeFX by connecting your studio monitors to your AxeFX.

Plan B : You can always plug the axefx in your interface via cables

For USB use : Be sure to have installed the FAS axefx USB driver. Select it in the "studio setup" of the DAW as the audio driver of the project.
Check you have the little FAS USB driver icon near the clock in system tray.
check the studio config tab with inputs/outputs to check the buses of the axefx are here or can be created.

If nothing happens when connecting the axefx and you have the driver, try another USB or USB cable tho (always the first culprit of hardware fail)

Hi there,

Did you set up the Axe as your audio interface in Cubase?
So, I can switch between MAudio interface and FAS interface when recording but it is that the only way to do it or can I come out of the fractal on another output and go into the MAudio? Just wondering what how people usually set it up.

So, I can switch between MAudio interface and FAS interface when recording but it is that the only way to do it or can I come out of the fractal on another output and go into the MAudio? Just wondering what how people usually set it up.

If you're just recording guitar, simply use the AxeFX as your audio interface when using Cubase in Studio->Studio Setup->VST Audio System.

You don’t need your maudio interface to record vst instruments. Simply use the AxeFX as your audio interface in Cubase.

Sorry about the late reply. The way I usually do it is:
Fractal>USB>Cubase
But when I need to control midi instruments and VSTs, I use a midi keyboard. The Axe cannot pass midi data into Cubase, so it cannot be used as a thruway from a midi controller into a VST. So for that I do:
Midi keyboard>Midi capable Audio interface (M-Audio in my case)>Cubase

I do have to switch which audio interface Cubase should use, but I do that internally.

But when I need to control midi instruments and VSTs, I use a midi keyboard. The Axe cannot pass midi data into Cubase, so it cannot be used as a thruway from a midi controller into a VST. So for that I do:
Midi keyboard>Midi capable Audio interface (M-Audio in my case)>Cubase

I do have to switch which audio interface Cubase should use, but I do that internally.

There is no need to do any of that. Simply plug your AxeFX into one USB port and your midi keyboard into another USB port. MIDI and audio devices are treated separately in Cubase.

Back
Top Bottom