Axe-Fx III controllers/modifiers capacity

Hey all,

Can anybody tell me, will Axe-Fx III users be able to run any more per preset than the 2x LFOs, 2x ADSRS, 1x Envelope and 1x Sequencer that we're limited to on the Axe-Fx II at present?

And on the subject of controllers and modifiers: will it be possible to utilise a modifier for a parameter in one channel of a block but not the same parameter if it occurs in a different channel? Currently any modifiers attached to parameters in a block's "X" state are also attached to the same parameters in the "Y" state, if they reappear. Frustrating for different pitch or delay settings. Would be great to be "untethered" in this sense.

Cheers,
Dawes

Hey all,

Can anybody tell me, will Axe-Fx III users be able to run any more per preset than the 2x LFOs, 2x ADSRS, 1x Envelope and 1x Sequencer that we're limited to on the Axe-Fx II at present?

And on the subject of controllers and modifiers: will it be possible to utilise a modifier for a parameter in one channel of a block but not the same parameter if it occurs in a different channel? Currently any modifiers attached to parameters in a block's "X" state are also attached to the same parameters in the "Y" state, if they reappear. Frustrating for different pitch or delay settings. Would be great to be "untethered" in this sense.

Cheers,
Dawes
I asked the modifier question already... One of the beta testers confirmed that they are still shared as of now.

I also heard that there are 8 scene controllers now, so maybe an additional number of the others. It would make sense.

I asked the modifier question already... One of the beta testers confirmed that they are still shared as of now.

I also heard that there are 8 scene controllers now, so maybe an additional number of the others. It would make sense.

Thanks, man.

Understandable that they're still shared, otherwise we could end up with a million modifiers, and there are ways of working around that. Hopefully extra internals though!

Keen to get more info once the manual is published.

Anyone have a better solution not that the Axe III is in hands. I have a preset where I modify the input drive of the first channel or the amp block but didn't want that to be the same for the other amp channels. What's the best way to execute this?

Thanks

MM

Anyone have a better solution not that the Axe III is in hands. I have a preset where I modify the input drive of the first channel or the amp block but didn't want that to be the same for the other amp channels. What's the best way to execute this?

Thanks

MM
You do it dynamically, like with a pedal? If so, you're gonna need another amp block.

If it's not dynamic, you could use a scene controller.

Modifiers will likely remain attached to the same control, inside an effect block.

If you want to alter the value of a modifier, you could use scene modifiers to change the gain of the amp for instance. You can also attach the same modifier to the amp block output, and invert the sweep, so that as you increase gain, you decrease amp block output, so the overall level remains somewhat consistent.

If you have a good midi controller, you can simply attach a modifier to the gain, and send various CC controller values, to change the gain, during your performance.

You do it dynamically, like with a pedal? If so, you're gonna need another amp block.

I have always used a pedal for it so yes dynamically. But I see tha the starting Input gain (the minimum value) is the same on each channel even though they had varied before I set up the modifier.

Yep, this is pretty much what I said in the other thread, in the Wish List:

For any given Block you've placed on your Grid, you'll generally want to EITHER use Channels, OR use Modifiers.

But it will be very rare that you'll get the desired results by trying to combine the two.

This will only change if they update the firmware to allow Modifiers to operate independently per-Channel.

Or, at the very least, they could update the firmware to allow Modifiers to only apply to selected Channels of the block, and be inactive for the other Channels. That might work.

Yep, this is pretty much what I said in the other thread, in the Wish List:

For any given Block you've placed on your Grid, you'll generally want to EITHER use Channels, OR use Modifiers.

But it will be very rare that you'll get the desired results by trying to combine the two.

This will only change if they update the firmware to allow Modifiers to operate independently per-Channel.

Or, at the very least, they could update the firmware to allow Modifiers to only apply to selected Channels of the block, and be inactive for the other Channels. That might work.
There are cases where both are used. For example, I might want to have different Wah models on different channels but the controller would be the same. Or I might want different delay types but control the mix or feedback the same.

You also said in your other thread that you never use X/Y, which might explain why those examples might not occur to you ;)

I really hope this wish is implemented, just as I did with the simular wish for Axe Fx II. It would be very useful and twice as useful as it works on the II :)

I'm hoping for this as a minimun - let me at least ignore a modifier within a given channel. Would make a huge difference in flexibility - but I won't hold my breath as this type of thing has been wished for before. Hopefully the 3 has the horsepower to support it.

This should be possible without new features if:

A. Scene changes are your only means for switching channels of the block(s) in question, and

B. Individual scene controller values allow modifier assignment. On the Axe-FX II this can be done via FracPad (or determining the correct sysex message) but not front panel or Axe-Edit.

Then you can have a different source/curve or use a fixed value per scene.

Back
Top Bottom