Axe-Fx III - Combining Virtual Amp with Real Amp

Cable are connected correctly. As far are the meters, I have both output 3 & 4 cranked. I'm peaking in the orange on output 3. However, output 4 I'm not showing anything.

Scratch that.....I have signal lights on 3 and 4. Had one of the fx loop's knobs dialed way back. However, ......still not getting the virtual amp tone.

If I disable IN 4 I still just get the real amp and not virtual amp. It doesn't matter if I crank the return knob or turn it all the way down...sounds the same......

Last edited:
Forget about Output 3 and Input 4 for now. If you delete them or make a new preset with 3 blocks this might be less confusing.

In 1 - Amp - Out 4

Play guitar and watch the Output 4 LEDs. Adjust amp block level until you see three LEDs when playing hard. (This step doesn't need to be very precise.)

Barring an Axe Output 4 hardware issue or bad cable, the rest of the solution will be figuring out how to make your amp get that signal to the speaker.

Are you certain Axe-FX Output 4 is really connected to the amp's effects loop return?

Posting the preset and a photo of all connections might be helpful.

Thanks for the tips, I’ll get back on this tonight! Had to run out last night at the last minute. Thanks again for your help.

Back
Top Bottom