Axe-Fx III clean amp sounds compared to Kemper cleans

Thanks but I noted that already and I have. But I still have the question about disparity between FX III settings and manual.

I edited this becasue my initial response was too curt and impolite
It used to be a frequency. Cliff changed it to a 0-10 scale (I think that came with the OD overhaul in FW3?). Just use what sounds best.

Copy and as stated earlier that's what I'm doing "what sounds best (to me)" but that still doesn't explain this particular parameter. Looking at all Drive models - they all have a High Cut that you set with frequency (and I assume there is a reasonable knee because it behaves that way so it's not a brick wall or "waterfall" limit) but correspondingly every Drive model's Low Cut is set with this 0-10 parameter, and to be repetitive, "yes set to taste," but that side steps getting an explanatory answer as to the actual parameters use/settings, beyond the two obvious extremes of 0 and 10.

EDIT
I am truly NOT trying to be a pain here, just trying to get a quantitative answer not a qualitative one.

Copy and as stated earlier that's what I'm doing "what sounds best (to me)" but that still doesn't explain this particular parameter. Looking at all Drive models - they all have a High Cut that you set with frequency (and I assume there is a reasonable knee because it behaves that way so it's not a brick wall or "waterfall" limit) but correspondingly every Drive model's Low Cut is set with this 0-10 parameter, and to be repetitive, "yes set to taste," but that side steps getting an explanatory answer as to the actual parameters use/settings, beyond the two obvious extremes of 0 and 10.

EDIT
I am truly NOT trying to be a pain here, just trying to get a quantitative answer not a qualitative one.
You're asking good questions! Not a pain at all!

@FractalAudio is really the only person who can tell us what the low cut dial does and what the scale on it is supposed to mean.

What cab do you use with this amp model? Thanks
I need to look for a Fane IR, but it sounds quite nice through either RedWirez's Weber Blue Dog 1x12" or Ownhammer's Bog410 with Weber Blue Pup 10".

There is a photo out on Google of Dave Gilmour's HIWATT, which is clear enough to get the knob positions. I dialed it up that way and it sounded rather nice with a Strat .... (go figure!)

The Axe can get you better cleans. I have a Kemper, Axe III and Helix. Each one of these boxes do different things. The best overall is an Axe III in my book. But, currently I’m using a Helix.

for me both devices are pretty good,im a a fan of both devices Kemper and Fractal

I'm actually a fan of all three devices that I own... Axe FX III, Helix (floor), and Kemper Stage (pedal).
Bass player is using my Kemper Stage live. I use the Helix for when I play church gigs and as a backup
for my band gigs.

Axe FX III is the king for me and is of course currently the number one gig device. Just not worth
me carrying a rack and a pedal in for the church rock band gigs.

I rank them
1. Axe FX III
2. Helix
3. (close 3rd, maybe a tie) Kemper Stage

If I could choose to have only one, Axe FX III hands down.
I could, however, live with any of the three music makers if they were the only thing available....

I also have an Axe III, Kemper rack and Helix floor. The Axe III is the most 'complete' device in the sense that it does everything to a VERY high standard. The Kemper tones, for some reason, sit a tiny bit better in mixes I have been involved in. The Ionosphere reverb is absolutely outstanding IMO. It is the best 'shimmer' reverb currently available IMO. A great profile on the Kemper is pretty hard to beat and is probably my favourite playing experience. However, if I had to sell 2 and keep 1, the Helix would be the one I'd keep. The tones are equal to the KPA and Axe III with some tweaking and third-party IRs (IMO obviously) and it is just so easy to set up and use. It's such a well thought-out unit and the updates, whilst nowhere near as frequent as the Axe III, are generally pretty interesting and add some great things. The reverbs can be made to sound really good with a lot of tweaking, and the quality of the other effects is excellent. Plus I can easily gig with it due to it being a floorboard. I went to a gig a few months ago and their guitarist was using a Helix to the PA. They were playing hard rock stuff, and I tell you, the amp sounds were incredible. We are so lucky in that even the 'lower tier' modellers can all sound really good. I know it's an overused phrase, but it's an amazing time to be a guitar player.

I'm actually a fan of all three devices that I own... Axe FX III, Helix (floor), and Kemper Stage (pedal).
Bass player is using my Kemper Stage live. I use the Helix for when I play church gigs and as a backup
for my band gigs.

Axe FX III is the king for me and is of course currently the number one gig device. Just not worth
me carrying a rack and a pedal in for the church rock band gigs.

I rank them
1. Axe FX III
2. Helix
3. (close 3rd, maybe a tie) Kemper Stage

If I could choose to have only one, Axe FX III hands down.
I could, however, live with any of the three music makers if they were the only thing available....
right now im all Kemper,im only using the Axe 3 for FX,i never really like the Helix,like people say to each his own

Back
Top Bottom