Axe-Fx III clean amp sounds compared to Kemper cleans

A bit rough to a potential customer ;)
I have tried several expensive products in the past , including guitars, and returned the items i just did not like, Some I kept , some I did not. The 1st Kemper I tried, I returned it ! Then due to some helpful suggestions, decided to try it again with some MBritt profiles . I did, and still have that unit now for going on three years, I do not usually slam or drop kick gear to see how it sounds as a percussive instrument, I believe I know how to un-pack and plug in a device on my studio desk in my music room with out vandalizing it. But Thanks for common sense suggestion anyway.

I have tried several expensive products in the past , including guitars, and returned the items i just did not like, Some I kept , some I did not. The 1st Kemper I tried, I returned it ! Then due to some helpful suggestions, decided to try it again with some MBritt profiles . I did, and still have that unit now for going on three years, I do not usually slam or drop kick gear to see how it sounds as a percussive instrument, I believe I know how to un-pack and plug in a device on my studio desk in my music room with out vandalizing it. But Thanks for common sense suggestion anyway.
He was trying to be funny because someone spelled it "trail" instead of "trial".

I am enjoying all of these comments, Most have been very informative and the rest have been very entertaining !
Hey, that’s what counts. Good to hear from you.
You won’t regret the AF3. With Fractal Audio, you get frequent and substantial updates/improvements. I’ve never seen anything like it, with any product. This was a great product when I bought it. Nineteen months now, and it’s continuously new and improved. That takes full-on dedication. Frankly speaking, and with my travel schedule, FAS updates and improves more often than I gig!

Cleans are fantastic on Axe III. I have several BF Fender amp, Red Plate, Groove Tubes and others and the III can satisfy me for clean. It was a problem with Ultra, greatly improved by end of II and now they’re excellent.

OK < for better or worse here ya go, I am not near the caliber of those who inspired me , but here is my take on some chich'n pick'n stuff. My usual approach to these kinds of cleans are to set an amp just on the verge of break -up / pushed clean then hit it with a Compressor pedal.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom