Axe-Fx III clean amp sounds compared to Kemper cleans

It's not complicated unless you are chasing an exact tone and that is more about the tone than the particular platform... That was my earlier point. The AFIII is a complete tools palette, but not everything needs a lot of tooling. A gigging clean tone is trivially found.

I get a great clean tone in 5 minutes from scratch with the AFIII. I don't think this is particularly hard.

You've got so many amp models to choose from, there is no need to ever edit deep features. Try a few amps with default settings, get close and then dial in the Gain, B/M/T and volume on one that works best for you... If you have a favorite model, it will sound like that in the AFIII.

-P

I’d love to hear an example of a “digital clean” sound.

Probably associated with limited bit depth and dynamic range and a kind of non-dynamic "rigidity" or "flaccidity" (a technical term)?

My old Yamaha FX-500 was 16/44k of digital fun in the 80's. Many retro "digital cleans" in there!

Buy the Axe3 ... 14 day free trial period
I am just doing a little extra research while getting my funds together to make the purchase. Going to try to time this where I have a really good idea of what the unit is capable of and how it functions as to get the most out of the 14 day trial. Waiting for both my FRFR cabs to arrive at this time. Been watching Youtubes and reading on the axe III Though I am fairly pleased with my Kemper , The Axe III has really caught my attention !

I own both.... kemper has more if a smoother cleans just because you can add "clean sens" and that space parameter that would give you some type of secret sauce lol... they both compare really close tho!

Space is the same as "Room Level" in the cab block. They copied it from us.
I am convinced enough at this time ! All that is left to do is get the funds up over the next month or so to make the purchase. The 14 day trail purchase protection makes it a NO Lose situation. All I need to do now till i can make the purchase is to study the manual and learn as much as I can how to navigate the Axe III so I can get the most out of it when I finally get it.

I am convinced enough at this time ! All that is left to do is get the funds up over the next month or so to make the purchase. The 14 day trail purchase protection makes it a NO Lose situation. All I need to do now till i can make the purchase is to study the manual and learn as much as I can how to navigate the Axe III so I can get the most out of it when I finally get it.

Actually, be very careful with this if you are considering a possible return. It may be hard to take out on the TRAIL without scuffing it, and may not be acceptable as a return..... you should return in like-new condition, if you would like a full-refund. They are tough units, but may get scuffed up, out on the TRAIL.....

I can't say I blame them.... ;)

Actually, be very careful with this if you are considering a possible return. It may be hard to take out on the TRAIL without scuffing it, and may not be acceptable as a return..... you should return in like-new condition, if you would like a full-refund. They are tough units, but may get scuffed up, out on the TRAIL.....

I can't say I blame them.... ;)
A bit rough to a potential customer ;)

Back
Top Bottom