Axe-Fx III clean amp sounds compared to Kemper cleans

White light of Death Quoted. :
"See, if this guy told me this back in the day, and i knew he was the maker./owner, I would’ve definitely done it and taken him on his bet....a man doesn’t bet $2250 online unless he knows he got a full house, am i right boys?"
The only flaw in this statement/logic is : if his hand is beat , he does not lose the $2250.00 , the winner is out shipping both ways !:cool:

TOTALLY agree, that is what i said about 3 pages back
Wasted BW

The only flaw is if your a scamming troll/
End thread
I am just trying to get another decent piece of gear. I am doing honest research .Because I am just a working class full time musician , $2300 it not easy for me to come up with, so it has to be something I will definitely use and bond with for it to be worth the $ to me. Just because a certain piece of gear is wonderful for 99 out of 100 players who have tried it, nothing wrong with "1" who did not like it and nothing wrong with the piece gear. It just may or may not be the right gear for some players.

OK, would anyone be willing to share a couple of there best clean presets and a really convincing SRV driven preset ? I do not wish to have to go on a Holy Grail search and spend hours and hours sampling, just one nice pushed clean amp being hit with a compressor for a punchy- lively cleanish sound with some nice sustain. I would be very grateful !!

OK, would anyone be willing to share a couple of there best clean presets and a really convincing SRV driven preset ? I do not wish to have to go on a Holy Grail search and spend hours and hours sampling, just one nice pushed clean amp being hit with a compressor for a punchy- lively cleanish sound with some nice sustain. I would be very grateful !!

Lots of good options in here, I highly recommend Austin’s presets:
https://austinbuddy.com/products/1000-naked-amps-tonepack-for-the-axe-fx-iii/

Have a listen to @Gamedojo's video here:

It still holds a lot of valuable information all these years later. You'll want his IR from here: http://www.tylergrund.com/patches/JBL E130 SM57 C.syx -- I've come back to this IR over and over again over the years. I works really well. I don't bother with a mic sim in the III.

If you ignore all the advanced parameter settings in his video you land on something pretty nice, pretty quickly. I had to dial back High Treble on the amps when using this with my Silver Sky otherwise you'll slice out your eardrums with the HF content.

Here's what I got for a two-amp setup using some of his Ideal tab settings and none of his advanced settings at all: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xl7n2hnxdd36414/[iaresee] Tyler Grund SRV.syx?dl=0

You'll want his IR in a user slot and you'll need to point the CAB block at that IR.

I put my favorite compressor block settings in there for you, but it's set to bypassed by default.

OK guys, I am getting all of those basic sparkly cleans . . . but none that bloom and sing. My clean sound = Any decent tube amp "Fender Princeton, Deluxe,Vinbrolux " > " Matchless . Morgan AC20" >>>>> set clean to pushed clean then hit with a decent compressor to add punch and sustain. such as a Wampler EGO or Cali-76 deluxe .. I am having difficulty getting the bloom and singing thing . This one clean sound I am describing is a must have for me. Though not prefect and almost a little too compressed , I am getting it with the Kemper, I also get this with teh clean channel on my Mesa V twin pedal running direct. When I dial up a clean amp model one the AXE III then hit it with an actual compressor pedal , I am getting a lot closer than with the built in compressors .
As I may not understand the Axe FX's capability. . . . Is there a way to insert an external Effect anywhere in the chain and call it up per preset ?
Then I could use an actual compressor wit it .

You probably already know this but, be sure to have a volume level somewhat comparable to the amps your describing. As I'm sure you know, the feedback into the guitar from the volume of the speaker is a vital part of what your looking for.

You probably already know this but, be sure to have a volume level somewhat comparable to the amps your describing. As I'm sure you know, the feedback into the guitar from the volume of the speaker is a vital part of what your looking for.
HMMM, good point , I will try that . Thanks

Question to the more experinced among you: the T808 OD (and it turns out all Drives in general) Tyler Grund is using and to confirm his video seems to be on FX II (?), in any case, he does a 400 Hz Lo cut and 1000 Hz High on his T808 OD drive. BUT the T808 OD in FX III, while using frequency for high cut (so setting suggested 1K is easy) the low cut doesn’t use frequency. The Lo cut on FX III has a unitless 0 to 10. So are overdrive Lo cuts a percent, I assume? And if so, a percent of what: it goes from 0 Hz to ??? Hz (again a percent of what?). Thanks for any insight. And Yes I know I can set to taste and get sound I want irrespective of his setting but the explanation in AF3 manual, page 84, SAYS for Lo Cut: “Controls the frequency of the input highpass filter. ...” So I would expect a frequency not this dimensionless 0-10 parameter.

Question to the more experinced among you: the T808 OD (and it turns out all Drives in general) Tyler Grund is using and to confirm his video seems to be on FX II (?), in any case, he does a 400 Hz Lo cut and 1000 Hz High on his T808 OD drive. BUT the T808 OD in FX III, while using frequency for high cut (so setting suggested 1K is easy) the low cut doesn’t use frequency. The Lo cut on FX III has a unitless 0 to 10. So are overdrive Lo cuts a percent, I assume? And if so, a percent of what: it goes from 0 Hz to ??? Hz (again a percent of what?). Thanks for any insight. And Yes I know I can set to taste and get sound I want irrespective of his setting but the explanation in AF3 manual, page 84, SAYS for Lo Cut: “Controls the frequency of the input highpass filter. ...” So I would expect a frequency not this dimensionless 0-10 parameter.
Use your ears and don't sweat the value.

Thanks but I noted that already and I have. But I still have the question about disparity between FX III settings and manual.

I edited this becasue my initial response was too curt and impolite

Thanks but I noted that already and I have. But I still have the question about disparity between FX III settings and manual.

I edited this becasue my initial response was too curt and impolite
If memory serves, the low cut value in the III's drive block controls the gain on the high pass filter. The knee is fixed, set by a capacitor value that's specific to the model in question. 0 is no low cut, 10 is maximum gain on the filter. It's not a frequency value and I'm not even certain that it's a value with units in dB either.

Back
Top Bottom