Axe-Fx III clean amp sounds compared to Kemper cleans

And as mentioned in my other replies . . at this time I am convinced the AXE III will get the Job done and has very useable cleans sounds and I am going to get one, even if I get it just to use mostly for FX and run a Synergy unit with it !!

Glad you are convinced, it's the most versatile piece of gear you will ever own! To give you more assurance, here is the amazing @Larry Mitchell with the FAS crew A/B comparing amps side by side with the Axe-FX II XL+, a generation before the III.

Congrats on your decision, welcome to the fam damily!

Good man.....now - dont worry, the old kemper residual fumes will burn away once you hit that power button my friend
I know Metal & Heavy Rock guys all like the AXE III and I am totally convinced the AXE III can handle that type of music/guitar sounds in all the good ways . I am a variety player. I need the really good breathy cleans with natural sustain. That something that the best Real channel switching amps I have tried just do not have on the clean channel on those amps (Dual Rec, BE100 etc . . .) All that is left to do now is read the manual very close as to get the most out of it when it gets here. If the kind of cleans I need are in the AXE III I will be so glad and happy ! If not , I'll return it. The cleans will be the make it or break it .

I know Metal & Heavy Rock guys all like the AXE III and I am totally convinced the AXE III can handle that type of music/guitar sounds in all the good ways . I am a variety player. I need the really good breathy cleans with natural sustain. That something that the best Real channel switching amps I have tried just do not have on the clean channel on those amps (Dual Rec, BE100 etc . . .) All that is left to do now is read the manual very close as to get the most out of it when it gets here. If the kind of cleans I need are in the AXE III I will be so glad and happy ! If not , I'll return it. The cleans will be the make it or break it .
I live in the clean to edge of breakup space about 90% of the time.

You won't be disappointed.

Dude, we know, we know, like we heard you, and were just being welcoming, that’s all....do whatever you want with it man lol its all good , as Unix said, i trust him implicitly

I have 3 Fractals. Just got the III a couple of weeks back and am still working on my presets. I have 10 years or so of fine tuning my Ultra presets so it will take me a bit to catch up to speed. I use my XL at my studio. My buddy plays Kemper and his sound is stellar. Between these two companies it's real hard to go wrong now days but point being if you like cleans you just became the kid in the candy store. IMHO Fractal excels at clean.

PS... I came back to edit to say your playing is superb.

Unit has arrived and already has the 6.01 firmware installed . . . now to navigate this monster !!!
Good luck! The factory presets are a great place to start, and some of them are good demonstrations on how to smartly use features like scenes.

And no other modeling product has a factory preset that captures the essence of a demonic barnyard pig like the Axe FX 3. :)

See, if this guy told me this back in the day, and i knew he was the maker./owner, I would’ve definitely done it and taken him on his bet....a man doesn’t bet $2250 online unless he knows he got a full house, am i right boys?
You are not right if you are inferring that @∞Fractals is maker/owner Cliff, because he ain’t. @FractalAudio is. .......but its the thought that counts....
;)

My take is that the AXEFX3 tones... especially cleans, which I've always thought were a little lacking, are the biggest improvement Fractal has made since the 2. They are really fun to play. Very responsive. The Kemper are great but you are 100% reliant on the captures by 3rd party whivh can be demotivating if something is not just about perfect right out of the gate; the tweakability is the biggest downfall of the Kemper. The AXEFX3, on the other hand, is basically limitless. If you need stock tones, like you get from the kemper when done right, then simply start with a stock amp and don't go under the hood. That is one of the mistakes new users make. They start "modding" their amps when they aren't even necessarily sure what they are doing and before you know it, the amp sounds like a mess. BUT, you can always reset! :)

Back
Top Bottom