1. We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.
    Dismiss Notice

Axe-FX III: Changing Scenes, stomp pedal, or anyhing you want with FCB1010 (No UnO chip)

Discussion in 'Other MIDI Controllers' started by Piing, Aug 15, 2018.

1. #1 Piing, Aug 15, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2018
    Piing

Piing
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

I have an old FCB1010 that I haven't been using for years (I was using my $50 Arduino DIY controller installed on a binder, but now I need something solid until I mount my controller in a metallic box).

My priority is to use scenes and only a couple of presets per gig, so I have programmed it like this:

- Switches 1-8 >Scenes 1-8
    - Switch 9 > Preset Decrement
    - Switch 10 > Preset Increment

Following chapter 2.4.4 (page 9) of the Behringer FCB1010 User Manual

Example of Scene Select 1 at Switch n.1:
    • Press Switch-1
    • Press DOWN for more than 2.5 seconds (Switch1/2 LED will flash)
    • Press UP/ENTER two times (Select LED ON)
    • If Switch-1 led is ON, press Switch-1 until the LED is OFF (to deactivate Program Change function)
    • Press Switch-6 (CNT-1) for few seconds (Switch- 6 LED ON)
    • Briefly press Switch-6 (Switch- 6 LED will flash)
    • Press UP/ENTER (Value-1 LED ON)
    • Enter number 34 (CC34) either with the expression pedal 1 or with the switches.
    • Press UP/ENTER
    • Select the desired value for CC34 (0 to select Scene 1, 1 to select Scene 2...)
    • Press UP/ENTER
    • Exit programming mode pressing DOWN few second
    • At the Axe-FX III, under MIDI>Other>PRESET/SCENE set Scene Select to 34
    Preset Increment/Decrement for Switches n.9 and 10:
    • At the Axe-FX III, under MIDI>Other>PRESET/SCENE set Preset Increment to 1 (it will use CC01)
    • At the Axe-FX III, under MIDI>Other>PRESET/SCENE set Preset Decrement to 2 (it will use CC02)
    • At the Axe-FX III, under MIDI>Other>PRESET/SCENE set Preset Inc/Dec Start and End to the desired limits that you want to use
    • Follow the steps above for Switches 9 and 10 but using CC01 and CC02 instead of CC34.
    • The CC value must be zero (if you set it to 1, the presets will be incremented in steps of 2)
    That's all.

And, given the flexibility of the Axe-FX III to assign CC's to bypass any block or to control the looper, the FCB1010 can be used for controlling anything without the need of a custom EPROM.

Maybe I will use Switch-9 to sequentially roll through the presets and Switch-10 for Tempo Tapping or other function.

dongzo, yek, andyp13 and 2 others like this.
  2. #2 finny47, Aug 22, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2018
    finny47

finny47
    Expand Collapse
    Regular

Thanks for the write up. I had an audition for a new band this week. Without the FC, it would have looked weak to be grabbing knobs on the FXIII panel to adjust scenes or preset.

I'm an midiot, so the instructions on the pedal pressing threw me off at first. Hopefully my comments will help. -

Each switch has to be programmed. Repeat these steps for pedal 1-8
    • Press Switch-1 ( to program Scene 1 change)
    • Press DOWN for more than 2.5 seconds (Switch1/2 LED will flash)
    • Press UP/ENTER two times (Select LED ON) **Select LED will light on first press, but press a second time
    • If Switch-1 led is ON, press Switch-1 until the LED is OFF. ** regardless of which switch is programmed, 1 will be on in this step
    • Press Switch-6 (CNT-1) for few seconds (Switch- 6 LED ON). ** Don't hold too long or it does some reset function. I had to start over
    • Briefly press Switch-6 (Switch- 6 LED will flash)
    • Press UP/ENTER (Value-1 LED ON)
    • Enter number 34 (CC34) **press pedal 3, then 4. trying to adjust with pedal sucks.
    • Press UP/ENTER
    • Select the desired value for CC34 (0 to program Scene 1, value of 1 for Scene 2...)
    • Press UP/ENTER
    • Exit programming mode pressing DOWN few seconds
    • Repeat until 1-8 are programmed.

dongzo and Piing like this.
  3. reclavea

reclavea
    Expand Collapse
    Forum Addict

Is it possible to program non-latching stomp per preset? Or would the Uno-Chip be required?