Axe-FX III Causes YouTube to Freeze?

Warrior

Power User
I've recently noticed that if I am watching something on YouTube and I turn my Axe-FX III on, the audio on the video cuts out.

The video will continue to play (movement) but there will be a spinning white wheel over the video (buffering).

If I pause the video and then hit play, the video will not play at all.
The video will play again if If I shut the Axe-FX III off, select pause and then play on the video.

I'm connected to my Mac (OS X 10.10.5) via USB.
I'm also connected to my DAW interface via SPDIF.

I use my DAW interface for audio playback for computer, Axe-FX III and of course, DAW.

Axe-FX III is running firmware 1.15

Hopefully, this is the right place to post this.

I've had this happen occasionally, too, on Windows 7. Happens with Windows Media Player, too. Unplugging the USB cable and re-plugging often fixes the issue. Again, this is an occasional issue.

ya this happens to me too. what's happening is when u have any audio playing/audio drivers are engaged, they are running at 44khz bitrate. when you turning the axe on the computer sees the axe as an interface and switches to 48khz bitrate, causing any audio currently playing to freeze up. i'll usually close chrome/youtube and fire up the axe then reopen chrome/youtube, or close any audio playing then fire up the axe. sometimes i forget while i got spotify going and the axe will freeze spotify and will have to restart the app.

so there's really no way to fix this since the axe is locked at 48khz, just be aware when you power up your axe.

So .. switch your PC's audio to 48Khz too?

I have had these same issues on my iMac with YouTube and the Axe III. It happens pretty infrequently but it forces me to restart when it does happen.

Can not speak of Mac but on a PC you should be able to change the sample rate of the PC audio to 48k. You should be able to use the ax to play all PC audio. I do this with my audiobox interface.

The problem is most definitely the sample rate trying to change midstream.

This just started behaving like this recently for me. Can't say for sure but I think at 1.15 or 1.15b.

Hi

This is a well documented symptom of not having your sample rate correct as others have said.

I think 44.1 or 48 (CD quality) will do the trick.

You can up it if all you want to do is work on music recording in your DAW.

This happens to me in Windows 10 and it drives me nuts. If I turn on the Axe FX III after the PC has been turned on for a while, no audio works at all. Once I restart, it works fine. If I turn them on at the same time, then everything is fine.

Back
Top Bottom