Axe-Fx III: Carry Case / Gig Bag Options and Ideas

I'm using a 6U Gator case with wheels and a telescoping handle. It's a little more bulky depth-wise than I would like, but the wheels are a godsend. If I could find this case with 1/3 less depth, I would be a happy camper.

IMG_20180913_221559.jpgIMG_20180913_221551.jpg

The best thing in the world is having no case at all. That is the only way to feel the cozy Axe-FX warmth.
DSC03346.jpg

You can skip the case, but never, under any circumstance, remove the screen film. Safety first!
I can't believe how irresponsible they are by not putting it at the Axe-FX III. We shall buy one.

Last edited:
Hi.
I'm looking for a 3U Bag (I prefer soft-bag) for my FX3. But I have a question...
FX3 has ventilation outlets on the sides... and I think that it's no good idea occlude it...

If I were to use a 4U case and use a panel in the leftover 1U to get front access to everything I need. Is there any concern with leaving the back lid on the case while using everything? Any temp issues to be aware of?

Curious how you guys are planning to roll with the III on the horizon. Here's my idea:

Case: SKB 1SKB-R4S
Depth is 10.5. With the rear cover on, I should have no problems using right angle connectors and actually patch them through the side of the SKB with quick-disconnects for 2XLR's, 1USB, 1Power, 1Faslink, 1xTRS IEM input (from Aviom/ME-1's wired headphone jacks).​
Axe FX III on top​
1xGLXD14RG Wireless Guitar Unit​
1xPSM300 Wireless IEM Transmitter​
1xRadial Trim-Two Convert Aviom/ME-1 headphones to balanced for mixing with IEM Transmitter​

Backback: Unknown, Need FC-12 dimensions
Furman AC-215A
Super small piece of mind. I can probably mount it inside the SKB, but it just adds weight that is easer to carry on the back vs in my hand.​
FC-12 w/2 EV2 Pedals
Hopefully mounted to a nice thin piece of plywood that slides right into the middle of my backpack.​
Misc/Cables:
Wireless transmitter, various cables.​

Anybody want to share their ideas?

Edit: See this post: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/post-your-axe-fx-iii-rig.135782/#post-1607479

Same SKB as I have. It’s prefect. I do have an led light strip 3m’d to the inner top of the rack. Lights it up great for those dark setups.

Same SKB as I have. It’s prefect. I do have an led light strip 3m’d to the inner top of the rack. Lights it up great for those dark setups.

I'm quite tempted by one of these in 3u. I've been considering a gigbag, but the III isn't a cheap bit of kit so want something that protects it, but isn't cumbersome to move around

My Axe-Fx III is in a 6U shock mounted OSP case. It might survive a nuclear holocaust, not sure. I can switch between two Sennheiser wireless receivers and two sets of antennas on the back panel. The 3 wireless transmitters sit safely in a drawer during transport.
20191207_104039.jpg
20191207_104129.jpg

Back
Top Bottom