Axe-Fx III: Carry Case / Gig Bag Options and Ideas

That shallow SKB case looks so much nicer (aesthetically) than the Gator ones I have. If only SKB offered a slightly deeper cover so I wouldn't have to unplug things when I put the back lid on. I've measured extensively and it's just not quite going to work for my gear. I'd happily purchase a deeper cover separately as an accessory, and I know other rack manufacturers offer similar.

Last edited:

I’m using this case in 4u, and IMO this case is the perfect size for the Axe Fx III. I can leave everything plugged in without needing right angle cables, but without a lot of excess depth. My only complaint is that the latches are affixed to the case rather than the lids, and they angle out a tiny bit so you can’t set the case down in its side unless the lids are on. But they do fold back nice and tight so they don’t stick out when you’re using it.

Anyone got this one? It was the one I used for the axe-fx II. Anyone confirmed that the III fits?
the III is shorter, so when your II fits you'll have no problem. I use the Gator Rackbag and it fits perfectly with room for the cables

I went with the Gator soft case. It’s perfect for me. Gives ample protection for general use. If I was on a serious road tour, I’d go heavy duty. No complaints here. No issues with the bar and zipper as some have suggested. Fits perfectly. A nice big side pocket to hold cables.
Nice easy handles and shoulder strap...pick up and go. The only other option I would consider is the old goat rout with wheels and handle bar

FD555872-E162-42E1-A302-0D3E91F96606_zpsorryqxym.jpeg

Last edited:
One thing I've learned the hard way: don't assume soft rack cases are necessarily lightweight, even when advertised that way. Many of them weigh *more* than molded plastic cases. I haven't found an alternative to the SKB shallow that's any lighter, fwiw...

I’d go along with that. The only thing I like about it is that they are not as bulky. A hard case is going to be several inches larger in width, and longer. Wrestling with car doors, trunks and the like, seems like I bang it around more than just sliding it easily in the back seat floor. FWIW. .02

I bought the generic Rockville 4U with bag...then decided I liked the tolex head look

I now put the head in the carry bag it came with and the top has room for chords and cables. ~$50 (not the head case)

@bradlake If you're serious and want to try to arrange a group buy, I can put you in touch with them for an order that would ship to the USA.

Back
Top Bottom