Axe FX III cables and connections for using the effects in a recording studio environment

bukman

Hi all

I am adding an Axe III to replace my Axe 2 in my home studio and currently planning my connections with my multi in and out mixer set up.

I notice there are a lot more outputs and inputs on the Axe 3 but the extra outs and ins are mainly explained in the manual to be used as connections with guitar amp rigs.

I don't use a guitar amp but I assume the extra outs and ins would also be great to enable the Axe 3 to run outboard Aux send effects during recording and mixing.

Assuming this is the case my main question is regarding outputs 3 and 4 which I notice are not balanced. I assume these would just need standard TS to TS cables to plug into my balanced mixer? Any advantage of using a humbuster cable for the connection? If so I do I plug the TS end of the humbuster into the Axe and the TRS end into the mixer?

Also re Output 1 can the humbuster outputs be used concurrently with the balanced XLR outputs as a mirror of each other or can you only use one of these outs at any one time? There isn't much explanation on output 1 and these humbuster outs in the manual

Cheers

TS cables are fine.

Humbusters may not provide any additional benefit with a mixer, but you can use it if you want. TRS end goes to the Fractal side.

1/4" and XLR can be used at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom