Wish Axe-Fx III boot right into Tuner

Yeah an option would be cool
Choose to boot between :
- Tuner
- RTA
- Home
- Layout (keep zoomed out if was zoomed out last time)
- Meters

I would love this! I also unzoom the layout every time as well. It would be great if it recalled last state and was an option to display after boot.

+1

In case this is helpful ...

I've been using the heel-down tuner engage feature with my controller pedal. Before power-up, I just make sure the pedal is heel-down. The Axe-FX boots up in tuner mode, muted, and the last preset I used is loaded.

I have a 2 button footswitch connected to my FC12 which I use for tap tempo and activating the tuner. I realized that if I don't have the footswitch connected, my AX3 boots up with the tuner active. This might help you guys, just set the "Tuner on Heel Down" to "FC 1 SW 1" and don't connect a switch to that jack. Setup > MIDI/Remote > Other

BTW if anyone knows why I can't select FC1 SW 1 on the "Tuner" line (it only has midi cc numbers), let me know.

IMG_9663.jpg

I have a 2 button footswitch connected to my FC12 which I use for tap tempo and activating the tuner. I realized that if I don't have the footswitch connected, my AX3 boots up with the tuner active. This might help you guys, just set the "Tuner on Heel Down" to "FC 1 SW 1" and don't connect a switch to that jack. Setup > MIDI/Remote > Other

BTW if anyone knows why I can't select FC1 SW 1 on the "Tuner" line (it only has midi cc numbers), let me know.

View attachment 75610
That method works for me. It does have a momentary bit of sound on each boot before the command is met, but it is much better than booting up to a hum of a preset with no instrument connected. TY

+1
I just blew my ears this morning by powering on with an unplugged cable and a preset with lots of distortion last selected.
It doesn't happen often, but it would be great to have the option to power on the AF3 into a tuner or some other option that can be run silent.

+1
I just blew my ears this morning by powering on with an unplugged cable and a preset with lots of distortion last selected.
It doesn't happen often, but it would be great to have the option to power on the AF3 into a tuner or some other option that can be run silent.
I had a wish for that very thing. I have since learned to always power down with the tuner on. It boots up right to that state. Still, I think it makes sense if it were the default of the unit to start up in the tuner state so it would be automatically muted. It seems to me that it would also be easier on the components over time, but that is for someone else to know.

I have since learned to always power down with the tuner on. It boots up right to that state.
I just tried it and it didn't work for me. What firmware? What version AFXIII?
I power off with the tuner running and then power it on. But the next power on the tuner is not back.

Back
Top Bottom