• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Axe-Fx III bass users - use the classic gate

Budda

Power User
Comparing a Radial JDI signal via graph to a DI signal (input1-output1), the intelligent gate scoops around 2k whereas the classic gate matches the JDI EQ.

If you're struggling a bit making a good sounding bass DI or bass preset, I highly suggest switching to the classic gate or no gate at all.

*note we do plan to get together again and save the graphs.

I use the noise reduction setting and have been very pleased with the results, but I use the B7K as a DI box running in parallel to the amp and cab block. Will have try the classic gate!

Budda

Power User
Maybe post it as bug... Possibly unintentional behavior?

Worst case, Cliff will enlighten us ;)

I dont know if its doing something it shouldnt, though. It only affects a bass guitar signal (to my knowledge).

Im on 13.03 and thanks to the RTA block, I can check it again.

JoeW-NC

the intelligent gate scoops around 2k whereas the classic gate matches the JDI EQ.

Thanks for the tip! I usually want to boost a little in the 1.6-2k range, so I've probably been over-correcting, and never even considered this setting.

Top Bottom