Presets MASTER THREAD -- AustinBuddy's 200+ BASS TonePack for Axe-FX III/FM9/FM3 and Legacy AX8/Axe-FX II

Third party presets and packs for Fractal Audio products
Hey @austinbuddy

What's the best way to run output 2 of the bass presets for FM3 to a power amp and cab? Should I just delete the shunt of output 2 and then move output 2 diagonal from the amp block and run a shunt that way?
Hi @joafink2

I designed these so if you needed to do that, you could easily make a shunt to do it

Here is what it would look like under your scenario:

1. In any preset you want use with Power Cab, delete the shunt after the RETURN block and second COMP block

2. Run a shunt straight from back of amp to the last row with GEQ and OUT2.

This will only work for Scenes 1 to 4 (no DI). You cna adjust the GEQ before Out 2 if you like before it hits your power amp and real cab to sculpt it a little more.

Hope that helps!

Screen Shot 2021-04-24 at 1.06.25 PM.png

Hi @joafink2

I designed these so if you needed to do that, you could easily make a shunt to do it

1. In any preset you want use with Power Cab, delete the shunt after the RETURN block and second COMP block

This will only work for Scenes 1 to 4 (no DI). You cna adjust the GEQ before Out 2 if you like before it hits your power amp and real cab to sculpt it a little more.

Hope that helps!

View attachment 82396
This is VERY useful info - thanks, Buddy!

Hi @joafink2

Hope that helps!

View attachment 82396
Super helpful. Thank you. Love your products and customer service!

Just got the FM3 about a week ago. Have only noodled thru the presets on headphones. This AM I just jumped further into the rabbit hole and got Buddy's Bass Pack. Embracing this learning curve.

Just got the FM3 about a week ago. Have only noodled thru the presets on headphones. This AM I just jumped further into the rabbit hole and got Buddy's Bass Pack. Embracing this learning curve.
I think you'll like the AB bass pack. Lots of tones to use as-is or as soup starters.

Hi everyone - we are closing in on a Cygnus update for the 200+ Bass TonePack.

Probably about two weeks or maybe less. Thanks for being patient.

Everything is getting re-leveled, fixed a few mistakes, the Blackglass drive that Cliff re-did in firmware sounds KILLER now.

Also fixing the +10db on Out2 in FM3 version, that will go away (no longer needed under firmware 4.0).

Will post here when it's ready to download in your accounts- progress!

Okay every -- the Cygnus updated version of the 200+ Bass TonePack is DONE!

It has been uploaded to your downloads account area on my website for existing customers who bought this prior.

Scott Nelson who is my partner in this is happy with it. Me too! Thanks to @LizzyD for her beta help throughout this as well.

IMG_4052.jpg

ENJOY!

Last edited:
I'm continuing to explore the AB Bass TonePack. Lots of inspiring tones!

I've noticed that many, if not all, of the presets have the amp block panned hard left.

Is this intentional? If so, why is it done this way?

I'm continuing to explore the AB Bass TonePack. Lots of inspiring tones!

I've noticed that many, if not all, of the presets have the amp block panned hard left.

Is this intentional? If so, why is it done this way?
That works for Scenes 5-8 where you get an amp on one side, and DI on the other, great for recording.

But in Scenes 1-4, despite amp appearing to be panned, the blocks after the amp block are engaged to move the amp signal to the center for output.

The videos and manual cover this.

Hope that helps!

That works for Scenes 5-8 where you get an amp on one side, and DI on the other, great for recording.

But in Scenes 1-4, despite amp appearing to be panned, the blocks after the amp block are engaged to move the amp signal to the center for output.

The videos and manual cover this.

Hope that helps!
Thanks for your quick reply. That all makes perfect sense. Time to put down the bass and pick-up the manual again. ;-]

Does the preset pack (specifically for Axe FX 3) contain any presets designed to be run into a power amp and bass cabinet? Or are they designed to be ran straight into a daw/mixing board.

Does the preset pack (specifically for Axe FX 3) contain any presets designed to be run into a power amp and bass cabinet? Or are they designed to be ran straight into a daw/mixing board.
There is an amp tap (shunt off amp, before a Cab) for all the Basic Bass presets to output 3 on the Axe -Fx III version, so that you can run out to a power amp/cab.

This does not apply to the artist styles presets, since they really depend on Cabs as much as amp to generate the tone.

Thanks Scott, Austin , and Lizzy - Love your work!
Pauly

Okay every -- the Cygnus updated version of the 200+ Bass TonePack is DONE!

It has been uploaded to your downloads account area on my website for existing customers who bought this prior.

Scott Nelson who is my partner in this is happy with it. Me too! Thanks to @LizzyD for her beta help throughout this as well.

View attachment 86101

ENJOY!

Back
Top Bottom