Presets MASTER THREAD -- AustinBuddy's 200+ BASS TonePack for Axe-FX III/FM9/FM3 and Legacy AX8/Axe-FX II

Third party presets and packs for Fractal Audio products
For the Axe-FX III 200+ Bass TonePack Users (and eventually FM9 and FM3, but not legacy units):

Hi everyone:

Happy news. New Cygnus X3 Axe-Fx III firmware is out today (fw 25 pb3) from Fractal Audio. Sounds GREAT!

You can read more about it here.

The good news is, as the above link from Cliff states, this firmware 25 public beta 3 will automatically update key amp model parameters -- but installing this version of Cygnus X3 (unlike the prior one) does not require an amp reset! YAY!

So, installing this will NOT reset any of the amp parameters I custom set (like amp boost, saturation value, input EQ, Graphic EQ, Speaker Comp, dynamics and out comp) made for the TonePack.

That is not to say that Cygnus X3 won't change the existing tone for your Cygnus X2 +PlusPack, or maybe alter the output level slightly. It could.

Yes, I will do an update to Cygnus X3 (but not for quite awhile). But so far, most adjustments or level changes I'll make should be minor and you can make any tweaks yourself for your key presets here.

As always, back up everything -- all your banks -- with FractalBot before you load any new firmware, so you can always revert back.

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom