Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy's 1400+ NAKED AMPS TonePack for firmware Cygnus X2

Third party presets and packs for Fractal Audio products
I had a fresh string change on all my guitars - so maybe that’s adding to the difference - but, man, they really sound better to my ears.
I really didn't fool with any prior amp settings except in a handful of places, so this may be whatever Cliff did between firmwares 5-11-12 to 14.

Cool!
Enjoy!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Downloaded and imported new Dec. Bank A, if do a scene swap on a preset in Bank A then have
to go CONTROLLER > CS per Scene page and take some change there on and save the preset?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Downloaded and imported new Dec. Bank A, if do a scene swap on a preset in Bank A then have
to go CONTROLLER > CS per Scene page and take some change there on and save the preset?

Great question - I actually don't know for 100% sure if the CS per scenes assignments scene swaps move with a Scene swap but I am willing to bet they do. Try and experiment for us (do a before and after look at the CS per Scene) and report back?

Yes -- the CS per Scene will follow you inside a preset if you swap scenes.

However -- if you copy a block to another preset, the CS assignments DO NOT transfer by scene. They stay in original preset but you'll have to fix them if you copy an amp into another preset.

Update:

Okay folks, I've finished updating ALL the "main" 1400+ Naked Amps presets.....but still have the bonus ones to finish... all to make the conforming changes I wanted to in firmware 14 for 1400+ Naked Amps Tonepack. Sounding good!

I've also consolidated some of the bonus preset stuff that used to be in the third "bonus bank" into the end of the second bank, so the whole Naked Amps Tonepack now fits into TWO banks now instead of three. We all can use precious bank space I know!

Give me just a few more days to check everything carefully, and get some notes together, but (unless something unexpected happens) I plan to put into your download account areas by this coming Friday, if not sooner.

Later!

I just finished playing through all the updated presets in the first bank... Sounding even better though that's hard to believe... I guess all the firmware changes and your additional tweaking are setting a new high water mark! REALLY digging both the new Archon and Triple Crown presets.

I just finished playing through all the updated presets in the first bank... Sounding even better though that's hard to believe... I guess all the firmware changes and your additional tweaking are setting a new high water mark! REALLY digging both the new Archon and Triple Crown presets.

So glad you are digging Bank A. Definitely try the CS2 Amp Boost options now - they will "open up" some amps to be more realistic and juicy and phat.

Yeah I am HUGE fan of the Archon model now myself. Never played a real one, but it reminds me very much of David Grissom's tone on his PRS custom amp - sort of a mix between Plexi Marshall and Vox, with a nice thickness. Triple Crest is cool too!

I've got my "perform 2" layout on the FC-12 all setup for auditioning the Live Gold presets so I'm good to go for the Naked Amp updates. I have physical switches mapped to CS2 through CS5. Definitely been using CS2/Amp Boost a lot. Finding both the Fat and Saturation nice on some scenes/models.

I've got my "perform 2" layout on the FC-12 all setup for auditioning the Live Gold presets so I'm good to go for the Naked Amp updates. I have physical switches mapped to CS2 through CS5. Definitely been using CS2/Amp Boost a lot. Finding both the Fat and Saturation nice on some scenes/models.

Cool. In the update I've added CS6 for amp Lo Cut. On a few presets it will work in reverse (meaning, if I dialed them all in with Lo Cut engaged, it will turn it off), similar to CS4 bright switch for amps.

I just wanted to post here and give credit to Austin, I was a bit of a skeptic about how worthwhile a collection of presets might be, but I have to say having now bought this pack, I think these sounds are better than the default ones and I thought the default ones were excellent.

I tip my hat, I think this was a worthwhile purchase for sure, and including the bass sounds with it just makes it all the sweeter.

I just wanted to post here and give credit to Austin, I was a bit of a skeptic about how worthwhile a collection of presets might be, but I have to say having now bought this pack, I think these sounds are better than the default ones and I thought the default ones were excellent.

I tip my hat, I think this was a worthwhile purchase for sure, and including the bass sounds with it just makes it all the sweeter.
Awwwww.... (blushing here). Thank you. My job is to “democratize great tone” via Fractal Audio products and glad you feel like I am making that mark!

@austinbuddy have you any advice around using your preset packs with FW 15? I know you are busy updating the Naked Amps presets but before I dive into FW 15 I'd be curious how you feel they might need to be tweaked. Both the Naked Amps and Live Gold are sounding so good with FW 14! I guess I can backup and take the plunge but it would be great to get your impression.

@austinbuddy have you any advice around using your preset packs with FW 15? I know you are busy updating the Naked Amps presets but before I dive into FW 15 I'd be curious how you feel they might need to be tweaked. Both the Naked Amps and Live Gold are sounding so good with FW 14! I guess I can backup and take the plunge but it would be great to get your impression.

I haven’t loaded it yet as a public BETA. I like to wait until it’s a Public (no beta). Someone I trust has and said it sounds great. The Class A amps should not be affected. Hopefully it all just sounds even better. If some of you guys try it let us know here what you think.

This weekend I will probably get to start on it. My hunch is it will be great but there may be a model or two I would want to tweak (and it will take time to go through them all!).

I finished Naked Amps Bank B last night. I may just put it up for you guys to try before I do the full zip package with all the written stuff update. The preset/scene guide/ list is 99% the same but still says v5 from when I first made it!

I haven’t loaded it yet as a public BETA. I like to wait until it’s a Public (no beta). Someone I trust has and said it sounds great. The Class A amps should not be affected. Hopefully it all just sounds even better. If some of you guys try it let us know here what you think.

This weekend I will probably get to start on it. My hunch is it will be great but there may be a model or two I would want to tweak (and it will take time to go through them all!).

I finished Naked Amps Bank B last night. I may just put it up for you guys to try before I do the full zip package with all the written stuff update. The preset/scene guide/ list is 99% the same but still says v5 from when I first made it!
Final just dropped....

:)

Hahaha. :DIt always works this way! Soon as I finish a TonePack update, coincidentally Cliff puts out a new firmware! But we are so lucky, this little company is amazing and always trying to make things better - they listen to YOU!
So what is happening when new firmware makes presets sound weird? I have your naked amps and some moke presets for individual songs. When 14 came things started sounding generally tinny. You’re both great about the free updates, but it was time consuming, and lots of the free presets I’ve used that guys have posted on these forums are now unusable. Is there something I can do to tweak my existing presets when the firmware updates? It’s frustrating to have everything sound good and then constantly have to replace it when the next firmware comes in the near term. I can only imagine how time consuming it is for you, ha. My fear is that every time I get things sounding good they update firmware and it all starts over again. I hate tinkering with this thing, ha. I did the copper Carter class and still feel utterly clueless and overwhelmed when it comes to all the possible things to tweak and all the parameters and such.
Thanks for the help, Joe

Back
Top Bottom