Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy's 1400+ NAKED AMPS TonePack for firmware Cygnus X2

Third party presets and packs for Fractal Audio products
So I've tweaked around a good bit on a bunch of the amps...obviously, I'd lose all that. This just really changes the comp, right? Is it significant enough that I should just start over?

So I've tweaked around a good bit on a bunch of the amps...obviously, I'd lose all that. This just really changes the comp, right? Is it significant enough that I should just start over?
Save the amps you've tweaked. You can always pull them back in/back them in another bank.

Hi, a user reported a problem with the new amp preset in New individual amp preset folder - the one call "TwdTwin Jumped," that starts on Scene 3. Going to Scene 3 stops all audio out the FM9 (changing presets does not fix it) and you have to reboot your FM9 (then all is well).

So avoid that preset for now on the FM9,
This preset is NOT a problem on the III version, it works fine there. So - "weird." I'm not sure what is causing it yet, but will investigate and rebuild for the FM9 if necessary.

I also learned that the FM9-Edit Preset manager port from the III to the FM9 does not preserve CS by Scene controller values from original preset it seems. The Naked Amps port to the FM9 via Preset Manager did NOT save the proper "Cs by Scene" values in in controllers -- instead of being "OFF" (as they were on the original III preset), they are now set to "LAST." That needs to be fixed.

I will fix all those manually - it's something of a PITA and will take time, because I may have to reconstruct a few where I turned the CS controllers ON, not OFF - and I'll also make a FM9 Twd Twin Jumped preset and upload a new version to fix all this in next week or two (or three).

I posted in FM9-Edit to let the Fractal software team know. @Admin M@

Be good if anyone detects any more issues to let me know here ASAP/next week or so - and thanks to Peter J. for caching the TwdTwin Jumped audio stop issue.

Reactions: Rex
Okay guys - sorry about this but after communicating with Fractal I'm going to pull the FM9 version if Naked Amps (make it unavailable on website) until some things get fixed by Fractal Audio in future firmware and editors.

Main issues with an FM9 Naked Amps version for now are:

1. I'm informed that some of the new Tweed Amp amp models have the NaN issue/bug reported elsewhere and can stop your audio, specificallt TwdTwimJumped and I'm told '59 Bassman Normal too.

2. CS By Scene values needed to make the presets sound as designed are not correctly porting over via Preset Manager. Naked Amps users from the III know that I use different settings throughout the presets, such as turning on/off brite switches in the Fenders, or boost being "on' for certain amps.

I simply do not have the time or bandwidth to correct an 8 scenes by 6 controller grid (48 values per preset) for 256+ presets right now - the FM9 editor software really should do that to preserve the original preset design.

If you have the FM9 Naked Amps TonePack version now, be aware that a specific scene descriptor ("Brite off" or Boost On") may not match what's really happening --because the CS by Scenes Controller values do not port over from the III and now all say "LAST" as value, rather than ON or OFF.

Until those get fixed, I'm going to remove the FM9 version from the shop. Anyone who bought it, don't worry I'll take care of it and make sure you get the new one later (and will email you soon directly as well).

Very sorry about this, disappointing for us all I know! Sometimes things don't work as expected! I had hoped firmware 2.02 had fixed these issues since finally the III presets appeared to copy over to the FM9 mostly fine/intact. But it will get resolved at some point by FAS am sure, hopefully soon - no way to tell right now on timing!

Guys - I'm re-uploading this Tonepack for May 2022, but without the FM9 version - because there are problems.

The CS by Scene Controllers values for each scene did NOT come over correctly from the III, and there are some problems with two of the new Tweeds just on the FM9 that cause audio drop out.

So I'm pulling the FM9 folder - but the update for the III Nnaked Amps firmware 19.07+ will still be available, labeled May 2022 in your "My Downloads" section of your account on my website.

Once Fractal Audio remedies the editor Preset Manager's conversion/import problems so the CS By Scene values port over from the III to the FM9, and the amp bug is fixed for a few new amps, then I'll re-add the FM9 folder into the zip file for download. I'll let ya'll know here.

Just don't have the time/bandwidth to manually copy a 48 value (8 scenes by 6 controllers per scene) per Axe-Fx III Naked Amps preset grid over for 256+ presets into the FM9 - that needs to be a software fix, not a manual one. Ha! Sorry, no one is more disappointed than I, but I know this will eventually be fixed. :cool: Cheers!

Last edited:
Guys - I'm re-uploading this Tonepack for May 2022, but without the FM9 version - because there are problems.

The CS by Scene Controllers values for each scene did NOT come over correctly from the III, and there are some problems with two of the new Tweeds just on the FM( that cause audio drop out.

So I'm pulling the FM9 folder - but the update for the IIINnaked Amps firmware 19.07+ will still be available, labeled May 2022 in your "My Downloads" section of your account on my website.

Once Fractal Audio remedies the editor Preset Manager's conversion/import problems so the CS By Scene values port over from the III to the FM9, and the amp bug is fixed for a few new amps, then I'll re-add the FM9 folder into the zip file for download. I'll let ya'll know here.

Just don't have the time/bandwidth to manually copy a 48 value (8 scenes by 6 controllers per scene) per Axe-Fx III Naked Amps preset grid over for 256+ presets into the FM9 - that needs to be a software fix, not a manual one. Ha! Sorry, no one is more disappointed than I, but I know this will eventually be fixed. :cool: Cheers!
Thanks for the detailed rundown.

Is it your impression that the amps that have issues on the FM9 are ok on the Axe III?

General question here. I noticed in one of the AC30 presets (I think) there were two cabs panned left and right (Tom’s something or another). But the one on the right was completely silent panned all the way right. Bring it left and you can hear it again.

General question here. I noticed in one of the AC30 presets (I think) there were two cabs panned left and right (Tom’s something or another). But the one on the right was completely silent panned all the way right. Bring it left and you can hear it again.
Are you monitoring in stereo?

Also, you said you had a question but didn't actually post one ;)

Both the Tom Left and Right Mix should not be on mute. I will look but unmute it. Sometimes I audition IRs and use the Solo button - take that off if it’s own.

Well...not so fast. I have some pedals that I hook up in the FX loop. I just add an output in the 5th row and then next to it, an input and connect those to the path. I then use a multiplexer to be able to choose which row I want to use. 4 for no pedals and 5 for pedals in the path. Now that I have my Multiplexer input set to stereo, the Row 4 no pedal row allows me to pan cabs left and right. When I switch to the 5th row, it gets louder when panned left and completely no sound when panned right.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-05-19 at 4.34.12 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-05-19 at 4.34.12 PM.png
    202.7 KB · Views: 10
Sorry I might missed it but currently I have the FM9, do you have these pack works for FM9 ? I bought the pack for Axe 3 , thanks
Not yet - but soon I hope. Waiting for an FM9-Edit bug fix.

The problem is, if you import them over from a III to the FM9 using the Present Manager, the “CS by Scene” settings will say LAST instead of On or Off as I set them, for some presets. Sometimes an Out block is missing too.

Fractal Audio is aware of the issue. Stay tuned. But they will work on an FM9 once this issue is fixed/resolved.

Back
Top Bottom