Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy's 1400+ NAKED AMPS TonePack for firmware Cygnus X2

Third party presets and packs for Fractal Audio products

austinbuddy

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
EDITED: This will now be the Master Thread for both Axe-Fx III and FM9 users of the 1400+ Naked Amps TonePack.

You can now purchase the 1400+ Naked Amps TonePack for your Axe-Fx III or the FM9!

It's jusy been updated to firmware 22.x or higher for the III, ad and firmware 5.x for the FM9, as of September 2023.

Nearly all presets use Factory/Legacy Cabs chosen from the 2048+ Cab IRs available inside the Axe-Fx III.

Every amp or amp channel modeled by Fractal Audio to date is represented in a preset scene at least twice, some as many as 20 times. For example, there are extra presets for some classic amps like the Matchless DC30, the Diezel VH4 and Herbert, the Bogner Ecstasy, and the Marshall JMP-1 preamp.

This TonePack preset collection features four to eight scenes into each of the 170+ amp-specific presets. Most amp presets have 8 scenes. There are also 30+ mostly new bonus presets I threw in for fun, including the "JimiLondon" presets from the 700+ TonePack, and now including (firmware version 11) also a sampler from the Brit Rock Royalty TonePack #1 and the not yet released, coming in 2020)200+ Bass TonePack for Axe-Fx III.

Each amp has at least a lower and higher gain setting; many have a clean, maybe a gritty, some have a crunch, and some amps are also dimed. The descriptive scene names usually give you pretty good idea of what to expect.

Here is Fractal Audio rep and guitar virtuoso Cooper Carter playing EVERY amp model in two YouTube videos, using the Axe-Fx III's 1400+ Naked Amps TonePack base presets for each riff or song clip (circa firmware 5.x -and it's only gotten better since then)! (Cooper adds his own effects in a few cases). And thanks to AgileJazz on YouTube, in the YouTube comments you can now what Naked Amp preset was used by Cooper for each song.

The preset design includes:
  • Multiple Drive blocks in the signal chain that default to off, making it easier for you to add your own drives
  • A Looper block at the end of the signal chain
  • Tremolo if the amp has that
  • Delay and Reverb blocks
  • Carefully chosen Cab IRs and alternative cab IR options inside each cab block paired with the amp and making it easier for you to audition other IRs
  • Multiple signal routing options with 4 outputs. You can easily run into both a powered FRFR monitor on stage from Output 1 and simultaneously into a Front of House PA using Output 3. Or go into a DAW with Output 1 digitally, and simultaneously into a stage FRFR monitor with Output 2, and In-Ears with Output4. Output 3 is a direct signal tapped off the amp block (no cab or wet effects) for those using powered amps and real guitar speaker cabs.
  • Plus "Easter egg" effects sprinkled throughout randomly to enhance certain iconic tones.
  • Preset space in existing layout to allow you to add your own effects blocks. Just aim to keep that overall CPU below 80%!
  • Control Switches are assigned to various amp block functions like Boost, Fat, Bright, and Ideal Saturation.
  • Optional, customized FC12 and FC6 layouts layouts included.
These 1800+ amp sounds can cover virtually any genre of music, from rock to pop, blues to metal, roots to country, jazz to praise & worship, to indie and experimental. It's a true treasure chest of tones and an essential toolbox for Axe III owners, one that will leave you playing inspired for hours and days by the tones -- instead of spending hours and days dialing them in yourself.

For the price of less than a single guitar pedal, you can unlock the sounds of over 275+ amp channels leveled and ready for hours of playing enjoyment. You can buy this Tonepack on my website here. Check out this thread for user feedback and tips.

AXE-FX III "GETTING STARTED" FOR BEGINNERS VIDEO TUTORIALS UPDATE ON YOUTUBE NOW!
My AustinBuddy YouTube channel now features a new Axe-Fx III "Getting Started" tutorial multi-part for newcomers that will help beginners get started with things like how to do firmware updates, load and save banks and arrange presets, load custom layouts into foot controllers, etc. I'm adding videos as I go by as of today there are five up and more coming. Here's the link.

Enjoy the tones and thank you to Fractal Audio for the magic this box creates!

Last edited:
Been waiting for this to drop since i got my AXE-FX III, just bought it, but as its 3am here in Ireland i have to wait to give it a play through :) I have the AX8 pack too but i already know this is going to blow my mind .. thanks for all the time and effort you put into these packs :)

I couldn’t be happier to update this thread to include @austinbuddy ’s latest incredible collection for the Axe Fx III....the wait is over!!!!!!!!!!!!! And it is spectacular.
Guys, this Tonepack is spectacular. The amps are so carefully dialed in and the cabs so well chosen. It took me hours to audition them all. I can't imagine how long it took @austinbuddy to craft them.
......spectacular.....

Last edited:
It wont let me check out with the coupon? It lets me enter it but when I proceed to payment it says:
"Sorry, it seems the coupon "save20" is not yours - it has now been removed from your order."
I bought the naked pack in 2017? Help?

David Coyle

Hi David
Is it possible you used a different email address during your last purchase?,
Eitherway, send an email to AustinBuddy - the email adderess is on the contact page - he will sort it out.
Thanks
Pauly

Hi Guys - if you bought a 700+ TonePack but the save20 coupon is not working for you, email me yoir name and the exact email address you used and we will get you manually added to the coupon list. We will check against past orders.

It is working for most people fine. My email is heybuddy @ austinbuddy.com. Sorry for delay in responding.

You are gonna love this TonePack! The amazing ccroyalsenders/Cooper Carter volunteered to do a video on it too, so hopefully you can see that soon!

Last edited:
It wont let me check out with the coupon? It lets me enter it but when I proceed to payment it says:
"Sorry, it seems the coupon "save20" is not yours - it has now been removed from your order."
I bought the naked pack in 2017? Help?

David Coyle
Thanks for emailing and we will fix you up!

I can't imagine how long it took @austinbuddy to craft them.

“Months and months” is the correct answer

Getting the Cabs paired right and taking advantage if the 2048 Factory cabs for 149 different amps/263 different amp channels...takes time and patience...

I built 2.x and 3.x future firmware updates into the base price. Will probably add even more presets or scenes in those free updates. But the future labor involved to update 1000+ sounds requires I build that in to the price.

It is so much fun to play!!!

Back
Top Bottom