Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy's 1400+ NAKED AMPS TonePack for firmware Cygnus X2

Third party presets and packs for Fractal Audio products
How does the 1000+ Naked Amps sound with the newest 9.00 Axe FXIII firmware?
Will let others who have tried it respond... i suspect I have to futz some with the Class A style amps in an update given Cliff’s release notes...

Last edited:
How about a shareware/do ation type model?

Donate if you feel that AB's hardwork and updates deserves compensation. I frequently donate even when the programmer doesn't even ask (Fractool and Crammit) b/c I appreciate the effort and time it takes to update).

I was trying out several Marshall style1400 Naked Amps presets made on 6.04 on firmware 9.01 today (A/Bing same preset, one on a 6.04 AxeIII and the other on 9.01 AxeIII) and they sounded killer/better than original. But I lost an hour on just playing the Silver Jubilee with my SG along with ZZ Top...:cool:

Firmware 9.01 is adding back in the luscious mids that I covet and makes the guitar sound more "present" than "mixed." But you guys see the problem I have, if I had started a 9.01 update for 1400 sounds, then 10.0 would come along... 10 is beta for now and I won't do anything until it's public and I get some comfort that 11 isn't about to happen. We've gone from 6 to 10, it's almost an average of a new firmware each month! Cliff makes this better and better. And no amp reset required so far in 7, 8, 9 or 10 means you can still use presets made on 6.04.

I need to spend some time with the Vox and Class-A Amps next and see how those tones may have changed. But I have to get the 200+ AX8 Bass TonePack out by Friday -- that's my main thing this week. Maybe by next weekend we'll have a public ARES 10 and we can start any needed update with that...

I'm sure this is a stupid question, but I can't find an answer anywhere. I just got the latest AB naked amps pack. Does one use FractalBot to overwrite Bank A or Axe Edit? I've tried FractalBot and it stops after 3% every time, I was able to overwrite Bank A with the empty bank. But, not with the presets. I have updated to FW10, is that the issue?

Thanks.

@austinbuddy just wondering if you’ve had a chance to mess with the gain enhancer on some of your presets. If so, any tips on which amps, settings, etc.? Thanks.

@austinbuddy just wondering if you’ve had a chance to mess with the gain enhancer on some of your presets. If so, any tips on which amps, settings, etc.? Thanks.
Honestly I have been wrapping up a great 300 sound Bass TonePack for AX8 (will do for the III and FM3) and waiting for a firmware that stays put before I dive in to some of these advanced features. While I like to check them out I do try not to use too many advanced features unless I can’t get the tone I want any other way manipulating the main amp controls. I follow Cliff’s posts carefully to make sure I know whatever nuances he shares. The Gain Enhancer is going to be fun to explore, just waiting for. Firmware 10 (?) that is public and sticks around for a bit....other folks have advice on gain enhancer and what they like/prefer to set it at want to chime in?!?

Back
Top Bottom