Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy's 1400+ NAKED AMPS TonePack for firmware Cygnus X2

Third party presets and packs for Fractal Audio products
If it helps, I've also been playing a Tele through some fender amp models and think it sounds fantastic.

I'm on 17, so I think between us we can say these presets just sound great!

@austinbuddy, giving this update to your customers for free pretty much guarantees that I'll be buying another of your packs. Thanks for your hard work.
FOR SURE !@

OMG this bank 1 update is fantastic! Thanks for this Austin - wonderful work.
Pauly

Okay rockers, the 1400+ Naked Amps Bank 1 update to Cygnus firmware 17.02 is DONE and should now be available in the "My Downloads" area of your account on my website.

The Bank 1 zip file file will have a label: Latest-Nov.2021_Cygnus_Fw17.02+_Partial_Update_Bank_1

Work on Bank 2 will start next month and I will complete it probably by early in 2022, maybe before that.

Use the email you bought with originally to login to my website. If you can't remember your password, you can reset it.

Note: if you try to login unsuccessfully more than a few times, the website's auto-security will think you are a BOT, and it will lock you out from logging in for about four hours, but fear not -- it then auto-resets your access, and you can try again, most people with trouble the first round get in the second time no problem. Check your junk/spam folders for password reset links if you don't see one very soon after you request it, keep my email in your approved contacts box. heybuddy @ austinbddy .com (no spaces).

Enjoy this partial update, the Cygnus update Bank 1 sounds are great and the Marshall and modern/metal amps in it have never sounded better!

Making good progress on updating Bank 2, finishing up the Preamps at end of Bank 2 in next 48 hours, then on to the Bonus Preset. Sorry this is taking so long but I have to rearrange all the cabs in every preset so they will work on an FM9 version.

Sometimes I am picking a better cab than I did the first time. Some presets use 3 or even 4 cabs and the FM9 will only use two. So all that stuff slows me down.

Then I need to go back through Bank 1 to fix any updated compressors that firmware 18 changed.

I feel good about having it all done before end of January, if not much sooner. When complete the full update will be firmware 18 version. Will keep ya'll posted.

Update: I finished updating the last of all the Axe-Fx III Naked Amp presets in Bank 2, running firmware 18, tonight. Phew.

Now, before I can release this bank, I need to go through all the presets in Bank 1 again that uses compressors and make sure they are okay under firmware 18, since Bank 2 was made/saved under firmware 18.

BTW, the Studio FB 1 compressor I use as a light limiter placed after the cab block is fine/not affected by new firmware 18 - so that's good.

Because I'm traveling for work this week away from my machines, I can't really get to Bank 1 to check all those the compressors until next weekend.

But with any luck, both banks 1 & 2 under firmware 18.x will be done by a week from today (next Sunday) and in your accounts then - I'll post here when the zip file is done. I also have to do release notes.

In the interim this week, If anyone here can report specific Bank 1 compressor problems you've found under firmware 18 in bank 1 of Naked Amps, let us know.

No timetable on a final FM9 version, will tackle that conversion after I get Bank 1 &2 out under firmware 18.

Your patience is appreciated and you'll be pleased with the results.

Last edited:
Okay guys, I have not tried the new firmware 19 out, but since it does not involve resetting any amp blocks, I am going to release the newly complete and updated Naked Amps later tonight - Both Banks 1 and 2 - as Firmware 18.03 (I know that is/was technically a public beta, but it is now listed on main Fractal website ot download as firmware, so that's my signal).

I'll post here once it's available to download in your accounts. Gonna grab some dinner but will be done/up for download in a few hours , promise.

Okay - the firmware 18.03 AX3 naked Amps complete zip file download should be available in your "My Downloads" area of your account at www.austinBuddy.com now.

If you can't remember your password, request a new one. Make sure heybuddy @ austinbuddy.com is in your email address book so the password reset doesn't get caught in junk or spam folders.

If you try a few times unsuccessfully to login, be aware the website's auto-security will lock you out for roughly four hours (nothing I can do about it) because it will think you are a BOT trying to login. But it will reset after that and you can try again then.

Enjoy the update!

Okay - the firmware 18.03 AX3 naked Amps complete zip file download should be available in your "My Downloads" area of your account at www.austinBuddy.com now.

If you can't remember your password, request a new one. Make sure heybuddy @ austinbuddy.com is in your email address book so the password reset doesn't get caught in junk or spam folders.

If you try a few times unsuccessfully to login, be aware the website's auto-security will lock you out for roughly four hours (nothing I can do about it) because it will think you are a BOT trying to login. But it will reset after that and you can try again then.

Enjoy the update!
YOU DA MAN !

What have been your thoughts about the 19 betas ?

Back
Top Bottom