Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy's 1400+ NAKED AMPS TonePack for firmware Cygnus X2

Third party presets and packs for Fractal Audio products
Yes —Not only will you get that, but the guide will say for each preset scene what type guitar, what pickup/combination, and volume and tone knobs settings. Because that info is truly essential to getting these iconic tones nailed!
Out of context, but why is it there aren't audio track examples of your preset on the (your) website?

Thanks!

Out of context, but why is it there aren't audio track examples of your preset on the (your) website?

Thanks!
Cooper Carter video is on my website with over 250 clips he did using the Naked Amps presets I made, an hour long. That seems like plenty. Brett Kingman and Leon Todd have also done nice examples/reviews. YouTube has that too.

I spend my free time (I still have a day job) making presets and axe-fx tutorials, and let other very nice people (who can also really play guitar better than most) do video demos of my products. I did have some audio Soundcloud examples up two years ago for first 700+ Naked Amps pack product showing casing various styles, but it was very clear to me people watch videos.

It’s like asking me to pick a favorite guitar or preset - I simply can’t, I like so much!

First of all, thanks for telling me about Cooper's video - I wasn't aware that he was using your tone pack.

But now I have a dilemma - buy the tone pack, or wait to see what you're producing for the III shortly!

Thanks again.

@plyall - That's easy --buy the 1400+ Naked Amps first. It's the swiss army knife tool for basic amp sounds with varied gain for the Axe-Fx III.

What's coming out this weekend is limited in scope (four albums and 36 songs, 100+ guitar sounds) to a certain genre of music -- but I have to say is waaaay cool for those of us who love this sort of thing. But you will get more utility out of Naked Amps for sure.

"All will be revealed..."

@plyall - That's easy --buy the 1400+ Naked Amps first. It's the swiss army knife tool for basic amp sounds with varied gain for the Axe-Fx III.

What's coming out this weekend is limited in scope (four albums and 36 songs, 100+ guitar sounds) to a certain genre of music -- but I have to say is waaaay cool for those of us who love this sort of thing. But you will get more utility out of Naked Amps for sure.

"All will be revealed..."
I concur. You can land on a scene with the Naked amp pack with a certain guitar that sparks your interest, copy the settings into a new preset and make it your own. Instant gratification rather than trying to fit the pieces together all on your own.

Edit: I just wish there was a copy amp AND cab button.

@austinbuddy
I purchased your pack a little over a month ago (july 21) and I got the FWv5 versions of your presets. Now the product description o your site says that the pack is updated for FW6.0, but when I go to my account and download the pack again I still get the same FWv5?

Could you please clarify?

Thx! Your pack rocks btw!!
Joce

FYI -- announcing the newest AustinBuddy TonePack, made exclusively for the Axe-Fx III!

I'll start a separate thread on this for discussion and comments this weekend. Just an FYI that it's now out!

Brit-Rock-Tonepack-1-3d.jpg

Description: After many months of work partnering for two great Austin-based musicians, am pleased to present a new series of TonePacks to come! These TonePacks are a little different than the Naked Amps and Dream Rigs products; they are designed to emulate and evoke the coolest and most iconic guitar tones of all time, by album and song part, starting with the past and working our way to present day.

The first in this new TonePack series is the Brit Rock Royalty TonePack #1, covering 36 songs and over 100 guitar sounds from this British foursome that changed the face of rock music forever with their first four albums in 1969-1971. Additional BRR TonePacks covering guitar tones from later albums by this legendary British foursome group are in the works!

Using your Axe-Fx III, our new Brit Rock Royalty (BRR) TonePacks let you instantly reproduce the timeless, iconic electric guitar tones that re-defined rock music forever.

The product contains a digital download preset bank consisting of stereo preset versions with correct panning, and volume-leveled (per album mix) by track "scene" to play along with your favorite I, II, III or IV albums.

The download bank also contains a complete set of mono presets for the same tracks/scenes, leveled at an average -12db, intended for live use. There are bonus early group live rigs, acoustic guitar emulators, and bass presets too, and two provided special User Cabs.

In addition to the READE ME User Guide, we include a detailed track by track preset scene guide that tells you exactly what guitar, pickup, volume and tone knob settings to use to produce the "Tone of the Gods!" Example:

Screen-Shot-2019-08-30-at-11.34.47-AM-1024x469.png

You'll get best results using a Les Paul style and a Telecaster style guitar, with vintage-style output pickups. It helps to have a Fractal FC12 or FC6 controller to navigate presets/scenes quickly when playing along, and an expression pedal to take full advantage of wahs, pans, volume swells, and other effects (like the Theremin emulation!).

Expect all the meticulous attention to exact tonal detail here that you've found in AustinBuddy's other TonePack products! These presets were designed on firmware 6.04 (recommended) but work fine on 7.x, and the price includes two additional firmware upgrade versions if needed in future.

We'll get some video examples up in a different thread - stay tuned!

BUY HERE! Note: the pack will be on introductory sale through the end of 2019 at $99 (normal price is $119).

Last edited:
Congratulations for the new pack!

I will wait for the Deep Purple tonepack, though. I am more on Blackmore than on Page, and I am not a Lespauler :cool:

Congratulations for the new pack!

I will wait for the Deep Purple tonepack, though. I am more on Blackmore than on Page, and I am not a Lespauler :cool:
While I cannot use specific band or song names for trademark or copy right reasons, I can saw that the Austin musicians and I that produced this have spoken about what might go into future Brit Rock Royalty TonePacks that cover all the main classics.... we next hope to tackle the next five albums by this band, then go from there. We may not do full albums after that, just main/basic tones in a curated collection...

@austinbuddy Does the new FW 8 require any tweaks to your presets? I know it may be too soon to know but I’m sure most of us want to know. Thanks.
I've been noodling on some of them since the release this AM...they sound ridiculously good to me , but I'm sure AB will chime in at some point...I got lost in the DC30 Extras1*v5 , S06 going from clean to mean using volume knob..

@austinbuddy Does the new FW 8 require any tweaks to your presets? I know it may be too soon to know but I’m sure most of us want to know. Thanks.
I can’t tell yet and am away from my studio next seven days, but usually if Cliff says to reset amp blocks THEN things change a lot, else they stay “in range” and sound the same or better. This update does not require an amp block reset, right? I haven’t seen the update notes... Cliff will specify if it is required.

I've been noodling on some of them since the release this AM...they sound ridiculously good to me , but I'm sure AB will chime in at some point...I got lost in the DC30 Extras1*v5 , S06 going from clean to mean using volume knob..
I do love that DC30 so much! The Cab IRs (shot originally for the fantastic 2x12 Cab Pack) that are also in the Axe-III as factory cabs really perfectly fit the amp model!

That will be great. When will these be ready?
Before year end. We stopped, as I had to update Dream Rigs for ARES 1.03 and I next need to finish a 200+ Bass TonePack for the AX8 that keeps progressing but gets put on hold as my colleague goes out on tour.

My guess is Brit Rock Royalty TonePack #2 will be ready by Thanksgiving or thereabouts.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom