Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy's 1400+ NAKED AMPS TonePack for firmware Cygnus X2

Third party presets and packs for Fractal Audio products
Gang:
What would you think if in the final version of FW 5.08+ (coming), I changed the tap off the Amp to be Output 3 (not 2), and added a 10 band Graphic EQ block in front of the new position Output 3 behind the amp (no cab block) , so power-amp users can still tailor GEQ going to their power amp/on-stage real cabs?

Yes please.
I use OUT2 as the feed to my onstage FRFR monitor ( I use Copy OUT1 to OUT2) so I have to delete OUT2 from each and every preset otherwise the cab-less feed is routed to my FB. It took a long time but is worth it.

Gang:

Need your input...maybe we should start a thread with a poll on this?

What would you think if in the final version of FW 5.08+ (coming), I changed the tap off the Amp to be Output 3 (not 2), and added a 10 band Graphic EQ block in front of the new position Output 3 behind the amp (no cab block) , so power-amp users can still tailor GEQ going to their power amp/on-stage real cabs?

That would free up both the balanced XLRs of both Outs 1 and 2, which could also be used for FOH and Stage monitoring or other systems (into a DAW, etc.)

(I had held onto Output 2 initially behind the amp before the cab, because I love having available the Global2 EQ for the power amp).

If we go this route, for the power-amp & real cab users out here, you'd still have to manually set the 10-band GEQ block for EVERY preset to fit your own power-amp/cab system (create and save the GEQ block that works best for your real life cab from the Axe-Fx amp block into a power amp, then go into each preset and load it from your blocks library). I'd have the GEQ block default to neutral.

Thoughts?
Yes please!
EDIT: Just noticed you are implementing this... NOICE!

Hallo AustinBuddy!
I'm a little stupid!
I can ask for a block scheme about the AustinBuddy architecture!
What's in the FX-III Owners-Manual?
Thanks!

Attachments

• Képernyőfotó 2019-05-28 - 8.56.46.png
    Képernyőfotó 2019-05-28 - 8.56.46.png
    579.7 KB · Views: 32
Hallo AustinBuddy!
I'm a little stupid!
I can ask for a block scheme about the AustinBuddy architecture!
What's in the FX-III Owners-Manual?
Thanks!
Yes, that is why I did it originally. But keep looking and you will see that Cliff said he designed Output 3 to go to a power amp (unbalanced output).

But if you put a GEQ in front of Output 3, turn the Output 3 knob all the way up/max, - then other than the balanced/unbalanced out, this does the same thing as Output 2 (although that has GLOBAL EQ).

When I realized I could put a GEQ in front of Output 3 so that aspect was in place like Output2, then this seemed logical. People who run to FOH and to Monitors in stereo need both Output1 and Output2 (and maybe Output 4 for In-Ears)... So, lots of options.

Last edited:
Hi, I’ve just been having a play around with the updated presets. Is there a way to make all the presets have approximately the same volume? Saves me having to keep adjusting the out 1 knob when changing presets

Hi, I’ve just been having a play around with the updated presets. Is there a way to make all the presets have approximately the same volume? Saves me having to keep adjusting the out 1 knob when changing presets

Sorry, ignore that. I’d somehow managed to turn power amp modelling off in the settings.

All fixed now

Hi! After update I discovered that some presets, all Rectos for example, has a lot of gain now, definitely too much, causing low frequencies feedback even on low volumes. That I'm missing?

Hi! After update I discovered that some presets, all Rectos for example, has a lot of gain now, definitely too much, causing low frequencies feedback even on low volumes. That I'm missing?

First of all, make sure you are on the latest FW release (5.08 at the time of writing this) and also the latest version of Axe-Edit. Then, have a quick read through this post from Austin just in case your controllers are all on although very unlikely if you are on the latest FW:

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...-is-now-available.140757/page-29#post-1791079

Maybe it is intentional but all filters (for single coil) on Bank B are flat, without the 3.5 db, 5.1db, 7.0db and just 2db increments.

Maybe it is intentional but all filters (for single coil) on Bank B are flat, without the 3.5 db, 5.1db, 7.0db and just 2db increments.
Yep - those preset's amps were dialed in for single coils - so no need for Filterblock to boost them. But you can certainly save that main filter block from the humbucker presets into your library and insert it -- it just might boost a bit more towards digital clipping if you use higher values in it like 5.1db or 7db.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom