Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy 1000+ LIVEGOLD TonePack for Cygnus X2

Third party presets and packs for Fractal Audio products
That's a lotta scenes :)
Yes it is - but I have the hang of it now, and it goes pretty fast (I still have to A/B to check to old firmware version for each scene).

I'm finding I need to raise the Master in Cygnus about 0.50 (depending on the amp and the gain level) to get it to approximate the same tone the preset/scene had under firmware 15, at least for most Marshall-style amps...and the presence in some amps become a little powerful of a control, but most of the old basic settings front panel amp settings are working in Cygnus fine...

While a few amps have changed and need a little more love to get right (the vintage Bogner Ecstasy model 100% matches my real one now!) , at this point am mainly just A.Bing and tweaking Master and Level... and resetting values for a few parameters like Amp Input and compression and saturation drive (that changed in some under Cygnus, have to lower it else too loud) etc - that's the real pain...

I'm sure I'll be done with Bank 1 before next Saturday at latest, but want to finish it before that/next 3-5 few days, and take a break - my ears will need that - before Bank 2 work begins.

But we are closing on on the last stretch.... and I've started drafting initial Bank 1 update release notes! ;)

The answer is “it depends on the firmware.”

I would not use Cygnus firmware with the LiveGold firmware 15 version until the free Cygnus update is done. Some presets will sound close to the same, but others can change a lot if you update to Cygnus and use presets designed for a lower firmware.

So if one were to buy your LiveGold pack they should use FW 15??
And you then provide update to registered users for Cygnus??

TBH the old NAKED amp presets I have are pretty awesome still.

Is the LiveGold a big upgrade?

So if one were to buy your LiveGold pack they should use FW 15??
And you then provide update to registered users for Cygnus??

TBH the old NAKED amp presets I have are pretty awesome still.

Is the LiveGold a big upgrade?
LiveGold will have Bank 1 updated to Cygnus by next weekend, with LiveGold Cygnus Banks 2 and 3 updates following by early July is the plan. Updates will be posted to accounts (free).
It just takes time to do it right. Cygnus changed some things and I A/B every scene between firmwares as I dial the Cygnus version in. "Eating an elephant" can be done, just one bite at a time, over time... there are 1200 scenes in LiveGold. I’ve already done about 300 in Bank 1.

Last edited:
Okay guys, happy weekend, and thanks for your patience- here's the good news!

LiveGold TonePack's Bank 1 - the Marshall amp styles - is now updated to Cygnus 16.01 for the Axe-Fx III.

The partial, temporary update for Axe-FX III users is now available in your account download area on my website.

Please read the "Cygnus LiveGold Only Bank 1" zip file's README release update notes
, as I changed a few things (for the better).

Fixed some issues, plus some amps were re-done/updated (like the Friedmans). But mainly worked hard to keep most presets/scenes/tones sounding consistent with the original firmware 15 preset scenes/tones (plus the added new Cygnus magic!).

The updated LiveGold preset names now all end in "-c", so you can tell them apart from older versions after you load them.

The Marshall styles amps are off the hook in Cygnus. Really great! I'll be working over next 6-8 weeks to get Banks 2 and 3 updated and will let ya'll know when that's done.

Remember, firmware 15 cannot "see" Cygnus presets - these Bank 1 presets will look blank if you revert back to firmware 15.

Trouble logging in? If you've forgotten your account login password, you may get locked out of the website for about four hours, then it resets. That's the auto security feature thinking you are a Bot with repeated failed attempts. You can request a password reset link to be sent to your email of record (the one you bought under).

Make sure you have my email in your contact book so any password reset email link doesn't go to your spam or junk folder (check those). Email is heybuddy @ austinbuddy.com with no spaces. Most people try again after four hours and it all works fine. So please just email me for help if the above isn't working for ya.

ENJOY THE TONES!

Last edited:
Hey Buddy, just checking in to see how the Marshalls are coming on…? Got my first band rehearsal on Sunday so would be great to bust them out and try them with the Cygnus updates 😊

EDIT - haha, literally as soon as I pressed ‘save’, your post appears!!

Hey Buddy, just checking in to see how the Marshalls are coming on…? Got my first band rehearsal on Sunday so would be great to bust them out and try them with the Cygnus updates 😊

EDIT - haha, literally as soon as I pressed ‘save’, your post appears!!
Hey @FarleyUK
If you gotta an Axe-Fx III -- login and load up Bank 1, it's ready to roll!

Banks 2 and 3 will be mid-summer. Let me know what ya think of the Cygnus versions!

This weekend I'll be converting Bank 1 over to an FM3 format for the new Cygnus 4.0 that is coming fast or already released...and then add it to the download.

Okay guys, happy weekend, and thanks for your patience- here's the good news!

LiveGold TonePack's Bank 1 - the Marshall amp styles - is now updated to Cygnus 16.01 for the Axe-Fx III.

The partial, temporary update for Axe-FX III users is now available in your account download area on my website.

Please read the "Cygnus LiveGold Only Bank 1" zip file's README release update notes
, as I changed a few things (for the better).

Fixed some issues, plus some amps were re-done/updated (like the Friedmans). But mainly worked hard to keep most presets/scenes/tones sounding consistent with the original firmware 15 preset scenes/tones (plus the added new Cygnus magic!).

The updated LiveGold preset names now all end in "-c", so you can tell them apart from older versions after you load them.

The Marshall styles amps are off the hook in Cygnus. Really great! I'll be working over next 6-8 weeks to get Banks 2 and 3 updated and will let ya'll know when that's done.

Remember, firmware 15 cannot "see" Cygnus presets - these Bank 1 presets will look blank if you revert back to firmware 15.

Trouble logging in? If you've forgotten your account login password, you may get locked out of the website for about four hours, then it resets. That's the auto security feature thinking you are a Bot with repeated failed attempts. You can request a password reset link to be sent to your email of record (the one you bought under).

Make sure you have my email in your contact book so any password reset email link doesn't go to your spam or junk folder (check those). Email is heybuddy @ austinbuddy.com with no spaces. Most people try again after four hours and it all works fine. So please just email me for help if the above isn't working for ya.

For FM3 Owners: As of today, in the zip file, the FM3 folder in this partial update download is EMPTY, it does NOT have a Cygnus Bank 1 inside it yet, but should pretty soon, once Fractal releases firmware 4.x and any bugs are worked out for new FM3 Cygnus firmware.

Once that's released for FM3, I'll convert the Axe-Fx III Bank 1 over into FM3 format using Preset Manager, check it all on the FM3 (watching CPU), change preset names to indicate FM3 and Cygnus version, and also may work to use some of the expected new FM3 Cab Block Ultra Res settings (if CPU limits permit).

After that, will update the zip file in your account to add the FM3 Cygnus version of Bank 1 version, for those of you who own both units. I'll also email everyone once both the FM3 and Axe-Fx III Bank 1 is Cygnus updated and available.

So - I won't post this info over in FM3 area part of the Forum YET, else FM3-only people may get confused, will log in, and say "hey the FM3 folder is empty!" Yes it is - for now...but hopefully not for long!

ENJOY THE TONES!
Hey @FarleyUK
If you gotta an Axe-Fx III -- login and load up Bank 1, it's ready to roll!

Banks 2 and 3 will be mid-summer. Let me know what ya think of the Cygnus versions!

This weekend I'll be converting Bank 1 over to an FM3 format for the new Cygnus 4.0 that is coming fast or already released...and then add it to the download.
Thanks as always, Buddy! As FM3 has now been blessed with Cygnus beeta my impatient machinations has shown that it appears that direct drag-and drop of the new Bank using the Manage Presets function in FM3 Edit works flawlessly with minimal if any tweaking needed….is this something you do not advocate? Seems to be pretty painless… I just did it and only tested a few sounds, but it is sounding splendid so far, as I know it will on my III (after I plug it back in after honeymooning with my newly Cygnified™ baby box)

Thanks as always, Buddy! As FM3 has now been blessed with Cygnus beeta my impatient machinations has shown that it appears that direct drag-and drop of the new Bank using the Manage Presets function in FM3 Edit works flawlessly with minimal if any tweaking needed….is this something you do not advocate? Seems to be pretty painless… I just did it and only tested a few sounds, but it is sounding splendid so far, as I know it will on my III (after I plug it back in after honeymooning with my newly Cygnified™ baby box)

My old work habits developed of 11 years of doing this die hard Brad! :) In FM3-Edit, I still use the preset manager browser and pick "Bank" and import all 128 presest from the AX3 saved file and save, I just trust that method better.

Also re-ran the Cygnus 4.0 beta public release (I had a beta in before) install AFTER I loaded the Bank 1 Axe-Fx III Cygnus presets, just to be safe. It's the old "well, may take awhile but I know from experience this will minimize any monkey business/funny stuff" way of doing things.

The converted Bank 1 in the FM3 running the Public beta 4.0 so far is working/sounding great on the LiveGold Bank 1 Marshalls I've tried...very close on the A/B to Axe-Fx III to FM3 preset/scene tone comparison so far!

I may leave the Cabs set at Standard Res in the FM3 version to save CPU power....debating that...

Back
Top Bottom