Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy 1000+ LIVEGOLD TonePack for Cygnus X2

Third party presets and packs for Fractal Audio products
Thank you Austin!!! I just bought Live Gold! Maybe you wrote somewhere and i didnt notice but it is still 12.14 fw three banks. What about 13.01 fw?

I only update firmware when the amp models change in a major way. The amp models haven’t changed in 13.x.

EDITED: see my post below on drives under firmware 13

Last edited:
Hi Austin (and everyone),

Im a big fan of the naked amps pack and it’s a permanent fixture on my Axe FX. Given that I don’t play live anymore and am purely a home player, I was wondering if I needed this pack as well. I spend most of my playing time jamming along to songs and having a blast doing it.
‘Anyway, after watching your and Burgs videos, I thought sod it and jumped in. If anyone else is on the fence, like me, do it. You 100% won’t regret it. If you can’t find a bunch of tones for whatever you need, then there’s something seriously wrong. I’ve only really messed with the usual suspects of Marshall’s and Fenders so far, but they sound absolutely glorious, especially the Marshalls. The feel and dynamics is spot on. I know you were aiming for an amp in the room sound and I think you nailed it. I haven’t had to tweak anything so far and the separate scenes for humbuckers and single coils are a bonus. I’d be happy with just these presets, but can’t wait to broaden my horizons with the other amps.
I only recently got an FC-12 too, so really appreciate the ‘tips‘ on a lot of the presets and love the shortcut to kicking in the boost, which sounds tremendous on some of the lower gain scenes.

I could gush on for hours, but in summary, Im over the moon with my purchase. Early days, but so far these are the best presets I’ve heard, heartily recommended for any player. Thanks Austin.

Anyone else seeing this?

@Robb1977 - I just re-loaded them - Using FractalBot -- from the latest zip file dated August 16 myself (AX3 with Bank_2rf) on my Axe-Fx III -- they seem to be fine here (Thankfully!).

Remember to use the little circular arrows in the upper right to "refresh preset names" - sometimes it needs that after you load new stuff in.

Exit the preset manager and restart your Axe-Fx III hardware - do you see them correctly now?

I saw the exact same problem. I installed firmware 12.4 to match the presets and I have the latest Axe Edit. Banks 1 and 3 come in fine and Bank 2 is blank after import. There is also one preset in bank 1 that shows blank. I have tried reloading that one preset for Bank 1 and all of Bank 2 multiple times, restarted everything, no Bueno. I'm going to roll back the Axe Edit to match 12.4 and try again.

I'm sure if I upgraded the firmware to13.1 I would be okay but I'm trying to match the preset version. In all actuality, I'm sure 13.1 would sound as good, but I'm trying to match them up.

UPDATE:
The site that has the back versions of software doesn't seem to have 1.06.06 for Axe Edit III. Looks like I'm upgrading my firmware to 13.1...

VERSION 1.06.06
JULY 30, 2020

Current Axe-Fx III Firmware Version: 12.14

Last edited:
I think if you create presets on a newer firmware, say 13.01 and then revert to an older firmware like 12.14 those presets will be blank. Someone correct me if I am wrong on this.

I think if you create presets on a newer firmware, say 13.01 and then revert to an older firmware like 12.14 those presets will be blank. Someone correct me if I am wrong on this.
That is correct. However, since we are importing the bank files that AUSTINBUDDY created, that would only be relevant if he created bank 2 using a version of the firmware older then 12.4 which I don’t believe is the case. The bank files actually say 12.4 in the name.

Regarding easter eggs, does anyone know if the Jimmy Page live tone from SRTS is in there somewhere? I had a pack for my AX8 that has a few artist tones and this was one of my all time favs.

I noticed there's a new Brit Rock pack and was wondering if this preset has now been reserved strictly for this pack. Looks like Axe III only tho.

I had to re-add shunts And outputs for 3 and 4 for Axe-III for Bank 2 Presets (given an inexplicable issue where per-preset values showed up in that bank for no reason) and may have saved it under 13.00 (forgetting I had installed it) instead of 12.14. I also fixed the name of a JVM preset in Bank 1 too which may explain that one being blank.

This would explain why the blank names/presets are coming up if you are still running 12.14 with the latest banks that probably were all exported again with a newer firmware 13 running, not 12.14. If so, my bad.

So....if you update now to 13.01 then everything should appear again and work — but I know some drives like Timmy in channel D will now be different than I had them in 12.14 so be warned. Can anyone confirm this?

I cannot update those drives for some time, you will have to adjust yourself. The price of firmware updates!

If this is a huge problem for anyone, I suppose this weekend I can go back and recreate a fw 12.14 version for bank 2. It's a PITA because every single time I import the original LiveGold FM3 presets via Axe-III Edit into the III, I have to also change all the preset names (to say Ax3) and add Output 3 and 4 shunts manually. I've done that twice now. I'm not looking forward to doing it again, I'm moving on to get the 200+ Bass TonePack done by September and have sessions set up with the bass player this weekend on that.

Thoughts? You guys are all going to go to 13.x anyway...the LiveGold preset should work fine there without the "blank" problems above (let us know!)...just know that the Timmy drive and some others may be off from what I originally designed that worked under 12.14, but you can fix those yourself, I've always said drives are a personal thing, I'm focused more on the amps & cabs here....

Last edited:
Okay, I’m dying to play with this pack, but I see the Banks don’t break into single preset syx files to choose from... I thought when unzipped it would let me d/l one at a time to audition and choose to keep or not. In other words, I don’t have the space on my FM3 for 300+ AB presets to get automatically loaded. It seems all the other hardware issues were covered in detail once you d/l’d the 3 Banks, but I can’t find the way to even get to step one... Help?

For Axe-Fx III users of the LIVEGOLD TonePack....(not FM3)...

So to defeat the "some presets are blank problem" some of you may encounter for Bank 2 now with the latest file downloads, most of you will likely move to firmware 13 (which solves that blank preset issue...but, which then messes up the default drive blocks, since firmware 13 doesn't affetc amps but does primarily re-works most of the drive blocks).

So tonight I re-did the main drive2 blocks under firmware 13 and saved them as drive block files.

You can load these into your blocks library folder and then import them as needed to replace the existing drive block. Warning: not every drive block has a fix, some use fuzzes (which should be okay), so you have to check to see what you want to do. Most of you will want to make your own drive blocks anyway.

I am attaching here both instructions and three drive blocks.

One is the main default block (with ABCD values) find in 90% of the presets in Banks 1 and 2. I A'B'd these tonight to the FM3 original presets to get the levels right.

The second is for the Bank 3 metal amps, again 90% of those will use this block but not all. This is the Tube Screamer usually in Channel A.

The last is just for the Texas LoneStar preset(s), mainly the Andy Timmons one that uses the Eternal Love drive.

Hope this helps!

Attachments

• AX3Users-firmware13DriveBlockUpdates.pdf
    43.9 KB · Views: 24
  • AX3 fw13 LIVEGOLD Default_Drive2_20200820_172002.blk
    564 bytes · Views: 16
  • AX3 Fw13LIVEGOLDTxLoneStarATmn_20200820_173008.blk
    563 bytes · Views: 18
  • AX3 Fw13LIVEGOLDMetalDefaultTS_20200820_172510.blk
    563 bytes · Views: 18
If you are an FM3 user but also are using the Axe-Fx III, I just posted on the Axe-Fx III LiveGold thread:

I've recreated some Driveblocks you can added to your drive library and use under Firmware 13.0. They are on the forum (not in accounts for now) and there is a .pdf that explains what to do.

Again - this is just for Axe-Fx III Live Gold users, they aren't for -- and won't work -- for FM3 users, different firmware.

Okay, I’m dying to play with this pack, but I see the Banks don’t break into single preset syx files to choose from... I thought when unzipped it would let me d/l one at a time to audition and choose to keep or not. In other words, I don’t have the space on my FM3 for 300+ AB presets to get automatically loaded. It seems all the other hardware issues were covered in detail once you d/l’d the 3 Banks, but I can’t find the way to even get to step one... Help?

You need to learn how to use the Fm3-Edit Preset Manager. There are lots of videos (I've done a few on this), but this function lets you load presets into a left hand browser and Auto-Audition them, and then you can drag them into your FM3 memory wherever you want. Here is a snap shot of both screens open so you know what to look for. I loaded up bank 1 on the left using that BROWSER drop down menu thereScreen Shot 2020-08-20 at 6.10.30 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-08-20 at 6.12.55 PM.png, and hit Auto Audition (you can scroll scenes too) and then if i Like "FAS BrownSound Plexi FM3" I just drag it into any slot on the right and click SAVE. Easy to do.

Last edited:
Regarding easter eggs, does anyone know if the Jimmy Page live tone from SRTS is in there somewhere? I had a pack for my AX8 that has a few artist tones and this was one of my all time favs.

I noticed there's a new Brit Rock pack and was wondering if this preset has now been reserved strictly for this pack. Looks like Axe III only tho.

You should try the SLP 1959 presets and add some concert hall reverb to it. With a good vintage style les Paul, you'll feel it - it's close.

The Brit Rock Royalty #1 TonePack covers every electric guitar part (and a few acoustic ones!) off the first four Led Zep albums - 150 different guitar parts/sounds. We also did them in two sections: one in stereo with correct panning as well as in mono for live use. We do include that early Page live rig from that 1969 Danish gig they played (YouTube this) in 1969 or so.

What's super cool for me is "Mr Jimmy" Sakuri of Japan -- who does a great Zep/Page show -- checked out my presets -- he knows his stuff - and he loved them, I got to see a video of him doing it! Google him sometime.

I worked with two other guys who are Zep-heads like me to make those presets (so fun!), and our schedules have to mesh to get this going again, they are busy with other projects for now and spent my summer on LiveGold and am now trying to get a good Fm3/Axe-fx III version of the 200+ Bass Tonepack done in then ext 4 weeks or so.

When we get around to doing the next 5+ Zep albums, we'll include page TSRTS live rig in it, promise. You need the Axe-Fx III to recreate the sometimes extensive signal chains used in the studio and to pack everything into one preset per song, I can't do it the same way on an FM3 or AX8 unfortunately -- it could sometimes take 2-4 presets per song, which isn't practical.

I'm kinda of surprised not more people have gotten this Tonepack to be honest... you'll learn a ton from them and how guitars get sculpted into a mix.

Cooper Carter checked them out here in this video -- plus the guys I worked with did two videos in that same playlist. BTW, the :make my electric into acoustic" preset he's planning in here is pretty much the same one in the LiveGold Tonepack.

Brit-Rock-Tonepack-1-3d.jpg

I had to re-add shunts And outputs for 3 and 4 for Axe-III for Bank 2 Presets (given an inexplicable issue where per-preset values showed up in that bank for no reason) and may have saved it under 13.00 (forgetting I had installed it) instead of 12.14. I also fixed the name of a JVM preset in Bank 1 too which may explain that one being blank.

mystery solved! Trance gods come to find out you were spot on!

@austinbuddy thank you for reworking drives as blocks!

You need to learn how to use the Fm3-Edit Preset Manager. There are lots of videos (I've done a few on this), but this function lets you load presets into a left hand browser and Auto-Audition them, and then you can drag them into your FM3 memory wherever you want. Here is a snap shot of both screens open so you know what to look for. I loaded up bank 1 on the left suing that BROWSER drop down menu thereView attachment 71636View attachment 71637, and hit Auto Audition (you can scroll scenes too) and then if i Like "FAS BrownSound Plexi FM3" I just drag it into any slot on the right and click SAVE. Easy to do.
Yes! That’s a very cool feature! Amazing how much this little box can do👍 Thanks AB!

It's a PITA because every single time I import the original LiveGold FM3 presets via Axe-III Edit into the III, I have to also change all the preset names (to say Ax3) and add Output 3 and 4 shunts manually.
use a macro recorder for the output 3 and 4 shunts amigo - this will work if all those blocks will be put at the same spots on the grid.
Or, If you don't have one, I can do it for you (I bought the pack)

Hot 4 Teacher using Live Gold bank a preset 12 scene 4 no adjustments

I recorded this using Austin Buddys Live Gold Bank A Preset 12 scene 4. Perfect for Van Halen and Randy Rhodes solos. It has that note grabbing reverb sweet spot during single note solos

also a great preset scene for Randy Rhodes

Back
Top Bottom