Axe-Fx III audio interface and Acoustica Mixcraft using ASIO

iohanr

Does anyone here use Acoustica Mixcraft and tried to use the AxeFx III as a USB interface with the ASIO drivers?

I am not sure what I'm missing, but it doesn't seem to recognize the AxeFx III when using ASIO drivers. Here's what I did:

1. No other ASIO drivers on Windows 10 PC. The AxeFx III Output 1 is directly connected to monitor speakers using humbuster cables (just fyi). The USB cable is plugged in to the PC.
2. Installed Fractal USB drivers.
3. Installed Mixcraft Recording Studio 8 (32-bit version).

Playback of sounds using regular Windows 10 works using the AxeFx III sound device. And Mixcraft works if I choose the WaveRT option. I guess I am wondering if this is a Mixcraft issue or an ASIO driver issue?

MUz75JC

qxb6LJ3

Any help would be appreciated.

Also, if none of you use Mixcraft, can you recommend a relatively inexpensive Windows DAW that "just works" with AxeFx III using ASIO?

I use reaper with ASIO and the Fractal driver, works fine. If you buybreaper it’s only about $65

Thanks for the tip! I installed Reaper and it recognizes the AxeFx III instantly. I also installed Studio One (the free version) just to see if that works as well, and it did. So at this point, I guess this is a Mixcraft issue and I have a ticket opened with Acoustica to see if they can help resolve it. I want to give them a shot first since I already bought their product and have been using it for years, but if they can't resolve it, then I may have to pull the trigger on Reaper.

FYI - of all the DAW's I own - Mixcraft 8 both 32 and 64 bit (current build 413) is only one that does NOT recognize FAS (AXE FX III) audio device (ASIO). I have reported to Acoustic they wanted me to report it to FAS I saw no reason besides at this point they just emailed me to say they talked with Matt and his only thought (back to Acoustica not me) was to make sure I was running most current FW release on FX III, I was and am (FW 1.18) because there was some issues previously with USB MIDI. Quote is from Acoustica saying Matt said:

"they did have some problems with USB MIDI messages from some DAWs."

Even if true I have no idea why USB MIDI issues would impact the AUDIO driver so am at loss at this point

I don't use FX III as audio device (normally) I simply switched to the FAS audio device for this check (I've been using a Focusrtie audio card long before I even had an FX III so no reason to "muck" with a perfectly good set up).

Other DAW's with no audio device issues, at least on my on my setup: Sonar Platinum (last release Nov 17, both 32 and 64 bit), Studio One 3 Pro (last release), PG's PTPA 2017 and Real Band (those are only 32 bit DAW's), FL 12 and FL 20 (again both 32 and 64), Samplitude Pro X3, Tracktion 7 and Wave, Reaper, and I think I'm forgetting one but again these DAW's ALL work with FAS FX III as the Audio device - no issues.

Thanks Larry. I also am in the same boat...latest firmware on AxeFx III but Mixcraft no likey.

To Acoustica's credit, they said they contacted Fractal and gave them a copy of Mixcraft so that they can test with the AxeFx III.

It's kind of funny...

from Fractal's perspective, their interface works with a bunch of DAWs except Mixcraft

from Acoustica's perspective, their DAW works with a bunch of interfaces except AxeFx III

Since I can't make AxeFx III interface work with Mixcraft, and I already had Mixcraft working with the Focusrite that I also have, I'll stick with that for now. I was mainly interested in the AxeFx III interface to experiment with it, as I think there are some interesting possibilities with the routing.

Is the Axe Fx 3 compatible with Mixcraft yet?
If Mixcraft can handle USB Audio or an audio interface, then the Axe-Fx III has always been compatible. If Mixcraft can't do those things, then it's the only DAW in the world that can't. :)

Is the Axe FX 3 compatible with Mixcraft yet?

A more accurate answer - Mixcraft (built 418) still does not work with FAS AXE FX-III USB audio device (using FX III version 4.03) it gives same error as back in November 2018.

yes, its easy to say blame Mixcraft (from this forum); however, its just as easy to say it's FAS fault (from the Mixcraft forum) . I will again Report it to both companies, again, and let Acoustica and FAS work it out. -

You should do the same!

Last edited:
Has this issue been resolved? I have Mixcraft 8 Pro and my Axe FX III is arriving tomorrow.
If the issue is still there, I probably won!t upgrade to Mixcraft 9.
Thanks.

I have Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio and it has no problem recognizing or recording my Axe FX III with the ASIO driver. I'm on Windows 10 Pro for OS.

I have Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio and it has no problem recognizing or recording my Axe FX III with the ASIO driver. I'm on Windows 10 Pro for OS.
Can you reamp in Mixcraft 9 with Axe FX III? I've tried everything and can't get the routing correct.
Thanks.

Hmmm, I haven't moved Mixcraft over to my new PC yet. If I have time, I'll have to do that this weekend and take a stab at it. I suspect it's probably just a matter of choosing the right USB ins and outs in the preferences.

Hmmm, I haven't moved Mixcraft over to my new PC yet. If I have time, I'll have to do that this weekend and take a stab at it. I suspect it's probably just a matter of choosing the right USB ins and outs in the preferencesi
Hmmm, I haven't moved Mixcraft over to my new PC yet. If I have time, I'll have to do that this weekend and take a stab at it. I suspect it's probably just a matter of choosing the right USB ins and outs in the preferences.
I got close using an output track. If you do give it a stab, hit me up! I would appreciate it. There is also a 2nd method using a USB block on Axe without changing I/O settings to USB 5/6. Mixcraft has gotten a lot better over the years. To be able to reamp would be killer! I know I'm close. Had to walk away for now.

Has anyone tried reamping with Mixcraft 9 Pro? It seems impossible with the lack of routing in Mixcraft.I was hoping there is a workaround.
If anyone gets it to work, hit me up.
Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom