Axe-Fx III as audio device and routing outboard gear

dschaaf

Experienced
Still have my original Axe FX II and my AX-8 and anxiously awaiting the invite for the III. I think I am 11:45am EST on 1/29 so still a ways off :)

Probably a silly question, but could I route electronic drums (like a Roland TD30) through the Axe FX III clean signal chain to just take advantage of the reverbs etc in the III? Also, would I be able to record (the drums)through this method via USB?

Thanks,
D

Still have my original Axe FX II and my AX-8 and anxiously awaiting the invite for the III. I think I am 11:45am EST on 1/29 so still a ways off :)

Probably a silly question, but could I route electronic drums (like a Roland TD30) through the Axe FX III clean signal chain to just take advantage of the reverbs etc in the III? Also, would I be able to record (the drums)through this method via USB?

Thanks,
D

I don’t see why not... you have multiple inputs and outputs

Thanks AustinBuddy!

I figured it would work but was just concerned about the signal level coming into the Axe FX III and wanting to ensure that it wasn't too high or that it couldn't potentially cause nay damage?

Thanks,
D

Just use the master volume on the drums to set the level coming into the Axe III. Preserve your drums stereo signal by using two of the rear inputs and then route accordingly. Probably put he two ins in left row, then shunt together into one stereo cable shunt and go from there. You will figure it out!

..or you could use S/PDIF out from the VDrums into the S/PDIF In on the AxeIII, and use a single cable whilst avoiding extra A/D and D/A conversions

Back
Top Bottom