Axe-Fx III as an external USB VoKill FX Processor...

This is my first attempt at using AXE FX III as an external Vocal FX Processor via SPDIF with a Focusrite Scarlet 18i20 USB interface into my Presonus Studio One 3. It was a bit frustrating, figuring out how the routing might be fitted together, but once you get the signal chain routed right into the Scarlet Mix Control, you are well on your way to use AXE FX III as you see fit. I happen to prefer to use an USB Mic from Audio Technica AT2020USB+. I love the sound of that mic and I record my vocals dry with no effects. Why ? I have a music mini-van that I drive to beautiful nature places where I get inspired and then I let loose with that simple Alienware Laptop setup. I do whatever cleanup I want in the box and I am free to sweeten the sound up via AXE FX III parallel routed chains via that enormous DSP power from the Keystone DSPs multi-cores. I stand to learn so much that can be done with this amazingly powerful unit so as I explore more I will share my experiences in future videos. Post your questions for me below and I will try to answer the best I can...

The AXE FX III is my studio in a box on the go, while remote in the middle of nowhere, at hotels, while travelling or out on the road. I have an Inverter in my mini-van. I use that as short term auxiliary off grid power. Inspiration should never stop at anytime or by any means...

Vocal and Guitar treatise using USB cabling method will be next...

Farewell and Spiritual Soundscape Journeys,
Gates of Celestia

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom