Axe Fx III and Xitone 12 inch wedge

Snouttrout

Inspired
Does anyone use the Xitone 12 inch wedge with the Axe Fx III? If so, when you position the wedge like a normal cabinet, does the Axe Fx fit on top? Or do you use it a different way? I didn't want to put the amp on the floor.

Does anyone use the Xitone 12 inch wedge with the Axe Fx III? If so, when you position the wedge like a normal cabinet, does the Axe Fx fit on top? Or do you use it a different way? I didn't want to put the amp on the floor.

I have a Xitone 12" wedge I sometimes use with the Axe Fx III. When I do, I simply put the wedge in front, the Axe Fx off to the side or, if at all possible, at the back of the room/stage. I don't have a particular concern about the AxeFx being on the floor as long as it is out of the way of the band and beverages! The floor feels safer to me than propping it up on something precarious. Placing it on something considerably narrower than it is would make me very nervous as well, especially when that thing is itself taller than it is wide!

How does it sound?
I have a Xitone 12" wedge I sometimes use with the Axe Fx III. When I do, I simply put the wedge in front, the Axe Fx off to the side or, if at all possible, at the back of the room/stage. I don't have a particular concern about the AxeFx being on the floor as long as it is out of the way of the band and beverages! The floor feels safer to me than propping it up on something precarious. Placing it on something considerably narrower than it is would make me very nervous as well, especially when that thing is itself taller than it is wide!

Do you find that the Xitone 12" wedge has enough volume to keep up with a loud drummer? Are you happy with the sound?

How does it sound?

Sounds good to me! Seems pretty neutral. I had tried a Atomic CLR Neo around the same time I got the Xitone and prefered the Xitone. Unfortunately, that was a couple of years ago and I don't remember the specifics about my preference, just that I sent the CLR back and kept the Xitone.

Do you find that the Xitone 12" wedge has enough volume to keep up with a loud drummer? Are you happy with the sound?

Yeah, although I haven't used it extensively with a full band (we are typically monitoring through in ears or PA, and I mostly have the Xitone for "more me" if/when I need it when we're playing through a house PA). But, when I have it has sounded really good. I have the passive wedge so I can't say how loud the active versions will go (I'm assuming that is what you have, since that seems to be the more typical route), but I think the speakers can handle far more than I'd ever need to throw at it. I'm using it with an ISP Stealth (180 watts running mono), and I don't think I've needed to turn it up more than about 1/4 to hear it well (I have no idea what wattage that corresponds to, though). That said, our drummer doesn't seem unusually loud to me -- seems about average volume as far as I can tell.

Back
Top Bottom