Axe-Fx III and Flat Response Speakers?

Hey AX Gang:

What are you guys using for Flat Response Speakers? What are you finding are the best? I read somewhere on this Forum at the "Older JBL PRX tend to be a bit shrill on the high end". I tried the Freidman and was not impressed. I was hoping that would have done it for me. It was also heavier than my 2x12 Marshall.

Just looking some guidance and advice.

Thank you.

Adam T7V on my desk and Xitone Active live. Waiting to see how the new Celestion sounds in a conventional cab too.

Well most active monitor can get close to FRFR, i never understood the whole FRFR thing... I play alot of gigs mostly i just use whatever is there, and do the work on my EQ. If im using my own gear i normaly use qsck12.2 or JBL Eon612, which i really like at the moment... have tryed loads of differnt ones incl FRFR Clr etc etc .

What are you guys using for Flat Response Speakers? What are you finding are the best?

For Home setup and monitoring I have a Yamaha HS8 and an EV ELX112P. I've also used an Alto with good results. Typically, if set up your presets on some good monitors at good represent-able volumes it will sound good when playing out.

What are you going to use them for?

I used to use the QSC KW122 and was very happy with the sound and form factor, but being a wood cab, it's on the heavy side. I've just recently switched to Xitone. Couldn't be happier, especially with the bluetooth added.

2 Atomic CLRs. They are also very good for dialling in a preset to work with other PA/audio systems.

Back
Top Bottom