Axe-Fx III and FCB1010 expression pedals

So I ended up grabbing a used FCB1010 with the eureka 3.1 chip. For the most part everything works properly.

The only thing I can't get working at all are the expression pedals.

I used trancegod's instructions:
If you have a EurekaProm in your FCB-1010 and want it to work with the Axe FXIII do the following:

On your Axe FXIII:

1. Press Setup.
  2. Scroll down to Midi Remote.
  3. Hit Enter.
  4. Page twice to the right until you get to Bypass.
  5. Here you need to go thru everything and set all the cc#s the same as they are for the Axe FXII. I attached them for you. They are in the Axe FXII manual page 194.
6 Once you have set up the CC#s in the Axe FXIII the same as they are in the Axe FXII, the FCB-1010 with EurekaProm will work fine.

7. After you have finished setting up the CC#s you need to page to the right to External and set External Control 1 to 16 and External Control 2 to 17.

That’s it.

Here is a link to EurekaProm’s info on using it with the Axe FXII.
The looper, scenes, presets, etc are already set up, as are the effects buttons. If you want to change the effects buttons from their default settings in the EurakaProm here is a link showing how to do that.

But no dice on the expression pedals. I calibrated the pedals and still no good. I can go back and forth on them but nothing at all. I'm not sure what I'm missing. But I must be missing something important. Any ideas?

So I ended up grabbing a used FCB1010 with the eureka 3.1 chip. For the most part everything works properly.

The only thing I can't get working at all are the expression pedals.

I used trancegod's instructions:
If you have a EurekaProm in your FCB-1010 and want it to work with the Axe FXIII do the following:

On your Axe FXIII:

1. Press Setup.
  2. Scroll down to Midi Remote.
  3. Hit Enter.
  4. Page twice to the right until you get to Bypass.
  5. Here you need to go thru everything and set all the cc#s the same as they are for the Axe FXII. I attached them for you. They are in the Axe FXII manual page 194.
6 Once you have set up the CC#s in the Axe FXIII the same as they are in the Axe FXII, the FCB-1010 with EurekaProm will work fine.

7. After you have finished setting up the CC#s you need to page to the right to External and
set External Control 1 to 16 and External Control 2 to 17.

That’s it.

Here is a link to EurekaProm’s info on using it with the Axe FXII.
The looper, scenes, presets, etc are already set up, as are the effects buttons. If you want to change the effects buttons from their default settings in the EurakaProm here is a link showing how to do that.

But no dice on the expression pedals. I calibrated the pedals and still no good. I can go back and forth on them but nothing at all. I'm not sure what I'm missing. But I must be missing something important. Any ideas?
According to those notes, your FCB would need to be set to use CC#16 and 17 for the two pedals.

I would confirm that you have the right CC on both devices...

Does the Axe MIDI In LED light up when you move the pedal?

Did you create a modifier with External 1 or 2 as source? The pedals won't do anything until you assign them to some parameter(s) in a preset. (Some factory presets may have Ext 1 assigned as wah control.)

How do you create a modifier with a source. I haven't seen that in the options. Regardless, even with Wah it doesn't work.

And yes, the Axe midi led lights up when I move the pedal. So it's seeing it. And I just double checked - the external controllers are set correctly.

NM: Figured it out. It turns out that I had to set the modifier for the Wah.. it wasn't automatic.

Hi! I also have an FCB1010 and just got it to work with the AxeFX 3.
Once you've figured out what CC's your expression pedals are set to all you have to do is follow the first post here, and the same applies for the individual numbered switches.
My question is this though -- Where is this "Midi\Remote" menu in Axe Edit? I can't seem to find it.
I adjusted the settings via the physical switches on the device itself but I would much rather change them via Axe Edit in the future.

Back
Top Bottom