AFIII Axe Fx III and Burns Tri-Sonic for a vocal like tone

The guitar is one of a kind. Based on an idea I had years ago, about a strat style guitar but with the same electronic (and switches) and wood (including chambered body) of the Brain May Red Special

I love this idea. I've always hesitated in getting one of the exact replica guitars that are so iconic like the Red Special or Frankenstrat. I love how this honors the Red Special without being an exact copy. Nothing against people who get the replicas, it's just not for me. If you're willing to share, I'd love to hear how you achieved this guitar.

I love this idea. I've always hesitated in getting one of the exact replica guitars that are so iconic like the Red Special or Frankenstrat. I love how this honors the Red Special without being an exact copy. Nothing against people who get the replicas, it's just not for me. If you're willing to share, I'd love to hear how you achieved this guitar.
You really understand what was ky idea. A tribute, not a copy. I just gave this idea to a friend of mine, a good Italian luthier (he's specialized in red special replica, so he knows anything about May's guutar), he was excited about it. This guitar sounds amazing. We choose tri sonic pickup with standard single coil size and the pickguard is inspired by some '60 british strat like giutars like burns.

Back
Top Bottom