Axe-Fx III and Behringer FB 1010

Hey gang:

So I’m new to Fractal and all this programming stuff. So apologies if this is elementary to some and a long post.

I am trying to use a Behringer FCB1010 Midi Controller (while I wait for my place in line for Ax Midi pedal 12) to control my AXIII Live. I have it all set up except for one things..... I NEED HELP PLEASE.

FCB 1010 pedals 1-5 will control presets.. DONE - No Problems.

FCB 1010 Pedals 6-9 will scroll through scenes in said presents - Done - No probelms

FCB 1010 Pedals A and B will do wah and volume - done - No problems

Button 10 will toggle PEQ on or off for lead boast in all presets where I have PEQ in block to do so.... This is where I’m am having issues. Followed all videos on line. Emailed Fractal for help. Followed their instructions. Can anyone please give me step by step on how to do this? Please. I’ve set it up as CC72 in FCB and in AXIII in midi setup. Still nothing.

Did you maybe set the CC for the wrong EQ instance? EQ2 instead of EQ1, or whichever one you were aiming for.
No. I double, triple check. PEQ1. When I hit button 10 on FCB control board , While ax is in midi learn it sees that it is 71. The one want too. I think it’s got to do something with assigning the modifier. I do set it as instructed. But still nothing.

And you are assigning it to the PEQ1 Bypass or Channels? In the Midi/Remote menu, which tab are you on?

And you are assigning it to the PEQ1 Bypass or Channels? In the Midi/Remote menu, which tab are you on?

Ax III - SETUP - Midi/Remote - External - External Control 3 - 71. Ext 1 and 2 are wah and volume.

In Ax Edit - double click PEQ1 - right click bypass and it open Edit Modifier PEQ1 - Bypass - Set to External 3.

Ax III - SETUP - Midi/Remote - External - External Control 3 - 71. Ext 1 and 2 are wah and volume.

In Ax Edit - double click PEQ1 - right click bypass and it open Edit Modifier PEQ1 - Bypass - Set to External 3.
I think you want to just assign CC71 to PEQ1 on the Bypass tab... No need to set as External or assign a modifier.

No way!! That was it. I guess I misunderstood. Works now. It turns on - but not on and off when you step on 10.

I have to hit preset 1 again and it seems to revert. Im trying to be in a scene and hit that boost and be able to stay in that scene and turn it off.

Thank you so much. Your help and patience is greatly appreciated. I have a gig tonight. Trying to scramble to get this one thing dialed in.

[note: programming for STOCK FCB1010]

If I recall correctly, for the FCB 1010 to toggle states from bypass to engaged, you have to use the TWO available CC commands available per button switch.

Assuming button 10 is otherwise set up to transmit MIDI data on the proper MIDI channel to the AxeFx, and making sure that NO OTHER MIDI data is being transmitted, here's what you do: Assign one of the CC commands to the corresponding PEQ1 control number, with a value above 64 ( I'd just go for 127). Assign the second CC command of the FCB to the same PEQ1 control number, but have this one be assigned to a value BELOW 64 (assign it to a value of 1, for simplicity).

If you only assign ONE CC command from a button, then it only transmits one VALUE, either engaged or disengaged depending on the value assigned.

Lastly, you may find that the toggle order for engage/bypass is reversed. If this happens, then just reverse the values from CC1 and CC2, and you should be good to go.

One last thing, IIRC, the FCB1010 may have an offset of "1" with respect to the CC number transimission. In other words, if you want to send a CC value to control the AxeFx on CC71, you may need to send on CC70 (or CC72) from the FCB. (Not sure which way the offset goes, but maybe -1).

I hope I have this correct. Apologies if not, and I'm happy to be corrected as I'm doing this from memory.

Last edited:
No way!! That was it. I guess I misunderstood. Works now. It turns on - but not on and off when you step on 10.

I have to hit preset 1 again and it seems to revert. Im trying to be in a scene and hit that boost and be able to stay in that scene and turn it off.

Thank you so much. Your help and patience is greatly appreciated. I have a gig tonight. Trying to scramble to get this one thing dialed in.
I don't know how the FCB does it, but it should be programmed to be a "stomp" switch, so sends both an ON and an OFF as appropriate.

Also, be aware that the state of any stomp switches will not "track" across scene changes... For example:

You are on Scene 1
You press the button for PEQ1 to ON, the LED comes ON
You change to Scene 2
The PEQ1 LED will still show ON even if it is off in this scene
You press the button for PEQ1 again, the LED goes off (and an OFF control is sent, which may or may not change the PEQ depending on it's state in the scene)
You go back to Scene 1
The PEQ is still on but the LED is OFF

This assumes you have Scene Revert set to OFF. You can set it to ON, but that will still have similar issues in different scenarios.

You have been are amazing. Thank you. I believe that I went through and did the 2 CC commands for Behringer. Pedal 6 is CC 1 and set to 127. Pedal 7 is CC 2 and set to 0. That was the instructions on YouTube vids. I’ll go back through and try and apply your steps. The only thing that is 1 off from what I can see are the actual pedals. 0 is 1 and 1 is 2.... Etc.

Thank you again. Huge help. Your all way too smart for me LOL

OK, but just to be clear: if you want pedal switch 10 to toggle, you need to set the two CCs to the same number (with opposing values) for just that switch alone.

Just a quick note: You DO NOT have to use 2 CCs (one for "off" and one for "on") - in a recent update they made it so you can toggle blocks on/off with a single CC & value:

SETUP > MIDI/Remote > (first page) Effect Bypass Mode > TOGGLE

Then, to do the PEQ1, you'd set the CC as 71 with a value of 127 and each time you press it, it'll toggle it on or off.

Glad you got it sorted!

Just a quick note: You DO NOT have to use 2 CCs (one for "off" and one for "on") - in a recent update they made it so you can toggle blocks on/off with a single CC & value:

SETUP > MIDI/Remote > (first page) Effect Bypass Mode > TOGGLE

Then, to do the PEQ1, you'd set the CC as 71 with a value of 127 and each time you press it, it'll toggle it on or off.

Glad you got it sorted!

Cool. Nice little update for that feature. Is this only the AxeFxIII that got the update, or do you know if the AxeFxII got this also? I've been out of the loop.

Back
Top Bottom