Axe FX III Aggregate Setup (Big Sur)

indeloon85

Inspired
Hello,

I've been running my Axe FX III in combination with my Apollo X8 as an Aggregate IO on my Mac. I recently purchased Sonnox's Listenhub application. Awesome program and figured I would combine it with the other 2 to expand on the Aggregate IO. It seems to work smooth sometimes but most of the time the pointer begins pinwheeling every couple of seconds.
I first thought that this was due to Listenhub and typically a restart of the computer would fix this. That being said, this evening I began to toggle the devices on/off in the aggregate IO and it seems that the Axe FX III is the culprit to creating the pinwheel. As soon as I turn it off, everything is completely fine.
Sample rates are the same for all devices and it's not like I do anything in the Axe FX to have it cause this. Wondering if anyone else is experience something similar here.
I'm also on Big Sur (11.6.5). Thanks!

You describe that the sample rate is the same everywhere, but the clock master must be set accordingly. In the default setting the AFX is set to internal and when the AFX is connected to the computer via usb and you turn on the AFX, the Mac takes over the clock from the AFX. Possibly there are now 2 time / clock sources on the Mac and this causes the jerks.

You describe that the sample rate is the same everywhere, but the clock master must be set accordingly. In the default setting the AFX is set to internal and when the AFX is connected to the computer via usb and you turn on the AFX, the Mac takes over the clock from the AFX. Possibly there are now 2 time / clock sources on the Mac and this causes the jerks.
Ah! Good to know! Thank you for this

Possibly there are now 2 time / clock sources on the Mac and this causes the jerks.
If you haven't done this yet, you may need to sync the clocks on the Apollo and AFX via SPDIF. The AFX (I'm assuming it's like the FM9) can act either as a master or a slave, I'm not sure about the Apollo, but you're covered since the AFX can sync as a slave off the SPDIF from the Apollo.

Hello,

I've been running my Axe FX III in combination with my Apollo X8 as an Aggregate IO on my Mac. I recently purchased Sonnox's Listenhub application. Awesome program and figured I would combine it with the other 2 to expand on the Aggregate IO. It seems to work smooth sometimes but most of the time the pointer begins pinwheeling every couple of seconds.
I first thought that this was due to Listenhub and typically a restart of the computer would fix this. That being said, this evening I began to toggle the devices on/off in the aggregate IO and it seems that the Axe FX III is the culprit to creating the pinwheel. As soon as I turn it off, everything is completely fine.
Sample rates are the same for all devices and it's not like I do anything in the Axe FX to have it cause this. Wondering if anyone else is experience something similar here.
I'm also on Big Sur (11.6.5). Thanks!
It’s best to leave the AxeFX on while using any apps that use the aggregate, for example your DAW. Also, you can experiment with the clock master of the aggregate, but I find it is best to set the clock master to the AxeFX (do that in the audio midi setup app).

Back
Top Bottom