Axe-Fx III 16.00 Beta 9 "Cygnus" Firmware - Public Beta #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you mean forced?
I mean that using Fractal-Bot to update the firmware to v16.00 Beta 9 led immediately into an upgrade of Axe-Edit to version 1.08.11. The last time I needed to upgrade Axe-Edit to accommodate Beta firmware, I had to find the Axe-Edit update and install it manually; this one happened automatically. I just wanted to make sure that was correct behavior and that I had the correct Axe-Edit version to audition this Beta firmware.

I mean that using Fractal-Bot to update the firmware to v16.00 Beta 9 led immediately into an upgrade of Axe-Edit to version 1.08.11. The last time I needed to upgrade Axe-Edit to accommodate Beta firmware, I had to find the Axe-Edit update and install it manually; this one happened automatically. I just wanted to make sure that was correct behavior and that I had the correct Axe-Edit version to audition this Beta firmware.

Yep – nothing to see here; move right along.

Same thing happened to me; it’s very convenient to have AxeEdit tell you it needs updating to be compatible.

Going from beta 4 to 9 this morning, I'm not sure if my upgrade is working correctly (I tried 4 -> 9 twice, then ultimately back to 4).

I thought the Wrecker Rocket had already been updated by v4, but v9 is extremely dark and fizzy sounding. Not a pleasant sound with my go-to cab and an amp block reset. I might check it out again later this weekend, but if v9 is working as intended I'm going to have to revisit a lot of my patches :laughing:

They are different productions, so I'd guess AxeEdit can be released as a non-beta software as Cygnus is still being finalized because the remaining work in Cygnus is not causing drastic changes to the interface of AxeEdit.

Best I can tell with my poor eyesight, the following are the models that have not been ported over yet at all. There may be errors since some amps are listed with real names in Cliff's list instead of their Fractal counterparts. Plus my poor eyesight.

Brit AFS100
Brit Pre
Brit Silver
Buttery
Cali Leggy
Legato 100
Carr Roamer
Citrus Bass 200
Div/13
Diesel Silver
Fender Twin Silverface
Energyball
FAS Class A
FAS Crunch
Fuchs(fox) ODS
Fryette D60
Gibson Scout
Hiwatt (Please!)
Jazz 120
Marshall JVM410 is listed but not sure if it is both the JVM and the JS
Dr Z 66
Dr Z 8
Plexi 2204
Porta-Bass
Princeton SF2
SV Bass 1 & 2
Thorendall Modern/Vintage--possibly there since the Rectos are
Two Rock(Stone) J45
Mesa Subway
VibraKing
Tube Pre (probably no need to update? )

Going from beta 4 to 9 this morning, I'm not sure if my upgrade is working correctly (I tried 4 -> 9 twice, then ultimately back to 4).

I thought the Wrecker Rocket had already been updated by v4, but v9 is extremely dark and fizzy sounding. Not a pleasant sound with my go-to cab and an amp block reset. I might check it out again later this weekend, but if v9 is working as intended I'm going to have to revisit a lot of my patches :laughing:
Oops. I accidentally reversed the operation of the High Cut knob. If you have it turned all the way down then it will be pretty dark.

I will release a fix soon.

If you have "Automatically check for new version at startup" checked in Axe-Edit's Preferences, it will notify you if there's a new update available on startup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom