Axe-Fx III 16.00 Beta 9 "Cygnus" Firmware - Public Beta #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I was surprised at how different that old amp sounds.

I have three Rectos: an old Single Rectifier, an old (Rev. G maybe) Dual Rectifier and a new Dual Rectifier. They all sound completely different. The old Dual is the best sounding of the bunch.

It's crazy that they're so different. I have an early Rev G while one of my friends has a newer version and they're nothing alike. Meanwhile another friend has a Rev E (black metal faceplate with chrome chassis) that sounds like an SLO.

Some amps are quite different between 8 and 9, some less so. A Roamer and a Comet patch both became significantly darker but (I think) gained some more "information" (sorry for the imprecise metaphor) in the midrange, based on a quick before and after recording comparison. A Swart and a Soldano patch seem less effected by the firmware switch.

Regardless, thanks for the continued development. I'm good with tweaking as needed.

Last edited:
I'm actually a little nervous. If it gets so good that I can't fake "progress" by buying and upgrading my gear any more, I might have to actually practice guitar playing.

Buy CAB Packs, tweak the advanced parameters, investigate these mysterious controls at the FX blocks... These are rabbit holes meant to keep us distracted from the pains of actually playing guitar or making music 😅

Some amps are quite different between 8 and 9, some less so. A Roamer and a Comet patch both became significantly darker but (I think) gained some more "information" (sorry for the imprecise metaphor) in the midrange, based on a quick before and after recording comparison. A Swart and a Soldano patch seem less effected by the firmware switch.

Regardless, thanks for the continued development. I'm good with tweaking as needed.

Roamer is not on the list of updated amps, as far as I can see.

Been messing around with Cygnus for a couple of days. For me, this FW seems to have solved one issue I've had since Fx-II MK II days - fizzy highs. I always had to search for and notch those ear-piercing resonances between 3 and 5 kHz, use Multiband Comp, or browsing dozens of IRs. With Cygnus, it's sooo easy to get the perfect tone!
Thank you @FractalAudio for your dedication and continuous pursuit of perfection!

Hope the bass amps get some love too. Can't wait for the final release so that I can update. Too many upcoming reamps, gigs and rehearsals for a beta fw for me right now. Waiting for @2112 to demo the updated amps in detail. I smell a big Cygnus video soon!

Just had a quick 8am jam through the Plexi100 and Recto1 Red. This update is an absolute joke. The low end clarity is amazing and the distortion texture is on the money.

I was playing with the Princetons today but don't see the 5F2 in either list. (Don't know if both lists together are all amps.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom