Axe-Fx III 16.00 Beta 8 "Cygnus" Firmware - Public Beta #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
You Tease....me want now.:cool:...(at this moment using the Princeton thru a YA DXVB mix 1....)
Man, I helped my brother move into his house and tweaked my wrist. The pack is done, but I have to make a demo clip and my hands aren’t doing what they’re supposed to do. Once I can play without embarrassing myself, I’ll throw that sucker on the site. The AA964 with a tube screamer is just bonkers!

@skydog @Joe Bfstplk I originally tried the first on a silverface princeton, don't remember if it had Reverb, and it was almost certainly a reissue. I just remember, it has this delicious dynamic range that I attributed a bit to the amp in the room experience. But now I get the same with this firmware
Exactly. It’s a great little amp. I have a brown, a black, and a silver. The model sounds great. To compare, I went straight from the AMP block to an OUT, to a QSC RMX 1450, and to the 10” speaker in the Princeton. Eureka.

Man, I helped my brother move into his house and tweaked my wrist. The pack is done, but I have to make a demo clip and my hands aren’t doing what they’re supposed to do. Once I can play without embarrassing myself, I’ll throw that sucker on the site. The AA964 with a tube screamer is just bonkers!
Damn, sorry to hear about the wrist. Hope there is no lasting issues. Cheers, Lee

Sorry to read that- it's hell getting older even if you're not yet. :)

Ouch, wish I could not relate, but my oldguy wrist/ thumb arthritis is increasingly thwarting my already hacky playing attempts,the more it hurts, the better it sounds.....or vice versa

Go ahead and put it up for sale, myself and others will buy it without a demo clip, just based on the reputation of your previous work.

Not sure if it's been updated yet or not (given that Cliff probably doesn't have the actual amp to compare) but I am finding myself really enjoying how the 5F8 Tweed (Keith Urban's amp) feels and sounds.

Me too! Guitar tuned to Open G and couldn't stop playing it last night.

There’s been a lot of praise over the high gain and Class-A style amps, but I’ve been FLOORED by the Fender stuff in Beta 8. The Princeton AA964 has been so much fun to play. The touch sensitivity is absolutely incredible and there’s a “string clarity” and immediacy that really showcases the nuances of dynamic playing.

As an owner of an FM3 I've been living vicariously through the various beta threads and being patient but reading posts like this make my head explode :tired:

I can't wait for the 'rude'....

Let it heal, brother. We'll wait until you can play without embarrassing yourself and without pain.

After playing on 16 Beeta for many hours I feel like the Fenders are more killerer. Some of the high gain lead sounds are more raw/meaner. If you are wanting to edit sdvanced parameters is there a universal way to get more of the 15.01 smoothness back? Dial back bias excursion and anything else?

I felt I could reduce some "abrasiveness" by reducing the power tube bias for the TriAxis and JP IIC+ to 0.45. I would also experiment with teh master volume, speaker compression and speaker compliance (I'd say 60% smooths things out a little)

Thanks!!! Arthroscopic knee surgery tomorrow, so if I don't get it installed today, might be the weekend. Dohhh

As for the heaviest guitar contest from the other thread pertaining to my first electric, a Peavey T-60.
I actually bought one near the end of 2020. Now that I actually know how to work the dang volume pots where I'm not in split coil mode all the time, this thing SCREAMS into modern equipment like my Axe FX III!!! It wasn't just the talent level as a youth nor the amp/gear limitations alone.
I would have sounded 1000 times better with that guitar in the 70's and 80's with the amps, pedals, and most certainly with the Axe FX III that
I now have! Peavey Heritage amp and some pedals??? LoL! As a kid, I never would have dreamt that a guitar in my hands could actually
sound killer and "just like the record and concerts..." Hehehe!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom