Axe-Fx III 16.00 Beta 8 "Cygnus" Firmware - Public Beta #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
The modeling between 5 and 8 is identical.
For those hearing a difference, reinstall 8. If there was an issue, reinstall will fix it. If it’s the placebo effect, it will also fix it.
It's very important that you realize that just by the act of reading this post, you’re now on FW 16 Beta 8.001 placebo edition, and everything sounds so much better on this edition...

There were no changes to the modeling or that model.
Was any of the amps MV tapper changed back? I understand things sound different from day to day and this is something I have spent my whole career doing with a large guitar store in Omaha NE, 12,000 sq ft. Micheal Lee Firkins worked for me and when he took off we spent three days for him to try to figure out what Marshall amp he wanted out of 3 DSL100. He came in the next day and ask me if the high end changes (same amp) I said no Mike that's your ears. Lol.

Hopefully something got hosed up in the update and will retry again. I did notice a drop in volumes on a couple of other presets that I use and all amps I use are on the verified list.

Was any of the amps MV tapper changed back? I understand things sound different from day to day and this is something I have spent my whole career doing with a large guitar store in Omaha NE, 12,000 sq ft. Micheal Lee Firkins worked for me and when he took off we spent three days for him to try to figure out what Marshall amp he wanted out of 3 DSL100. He came in the next day and ask me if the high end changes (same amp) I said no Mike that's your ears. Lol.

Hopefully something got hosed up in the update and will retry again. I did notice a drop in volumes on a couple of other presets that I use and all amps I use are on the verified list.
I HAD to thumbs up for Michael Lee Firkins!! That guy is great!

Reading many of these posts, and then putting them into the context of Cliff's replies usually pointing out that there were no changes for those specific things, just reinforces how subjective tone is.

We hear what we think we hear. And if we think something has changed (even when it hasn't), confirmation bias convinces us that we're right.

And the truth is that such minute differences - real or imagined - make not a jot of difference to the tones IN CONTEXT, especially in live situations where the room acoustics play such a big role.

Also, my Fender Twin will sound ever so slightly different from yours - they're two different sets of hardware components. And me playing through it will sound different from you playing through it.

Personally, I think we spend WAY too much time being concerned with minute variations in tone that actually don't matter, or in many cases, that aren't actually there...!

I'd prefer making music, personally. :)

https://www.fractalaudio.com/downlo...xe-fx-3/16p0/axefxiii_dsp_rel_16p00_beta8.zip

This version fixes a bug in Beta 7 that was causing wrong parameter values to be loaded when recalling presets created with earlier firmware versions. It is HIGHLY recommended to install this beta if you are using Beta 7.

IMPORTANT - READ ME - DON'T IGNORE - LISTEN UP CHUCKLEHEADS

1. This is BETA firmware. It is not guaranteed to be flawless and bug-free.
2. It WILL change the sound of your presets.
3. The volume levels of your presets WILL likely change.
4. Not every amp model has been updated yet. Some amp models may sound completely wrong. If an amp model is not listed below there is a possibility it won't sound right.
5. There may be issues with Axe-Edit not working correctly for some amp models.
6. You need to perform a "Refresh After FW Update" if using Axe-Edit.
7. If your favorite amp isn't in either of these lists it's because I haven't done it yet. No need to ask about its status. If you ask about its status you will be sent to the North Wall for the rest of your mortal life.

IF YOU ARE NOT PREPARED TO ACCEPT THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS THEN YOU SHOULD NOT INSTALL THIS FIRMWARE.

The following amp models have been updated and verified against the real amps (when applicable):
'59 Bassman
'65 Bassman
Band-Master
Blues Jr.
Deluxe 5E3
Deluxe Reverb
Twin Reverb BF
Princeton AA964
Princeton Reverb
Super Amp 6G4
Tweed 5F8-A
Vibrolux
Vibroverb
AC20 DLX
Plexi 50W
Plexi 100W
1987x
1959SLP
JCM800
JCM800 #34
Brit Super
Brit 800 Mod
Brit Brown
AFD100
JVM410
CAE 3+
X88
X99
SLO 100
Mark IIC+
Mark IIC++
Mark IV
Triaxis
Recto2
6505+
5150 III
Orange AD30
Tiny Terror
Carol-Ann Triptik
Carol-Ann Tucana
Cornford MK50
Swart Atomic Space Tone
Komet Concorde
Komet 60
FAS Brootalz
Diezel Herbert
Friedman Smallbox
Friedman BE/HBE
Dirty Shirley
Cameron CCV
Cameron Atomica
Dumble ODS-100
Ruby Rocket
Trainwreck Express
Trainwreck Liverpool
Trainwreck Rocket
Badger 18
Badger 30
PRS Archon
Bogner Ecstasy
Bogner Fish
Bogner Uberschall
Dr. Z Maz-38
AC-30
Hot Cat
Matchless DC-30
Engl Savage
Splawn Nitro
Splawn Quickrod
FAS Express
FAS Skull Crusher
FAS 6160
FAS Brown
FAS Rhythm
FAS Lead 1
FAS Lead 2
FAS Modern
FAS Wreck
Big Hair
DAS Metall

The following models have been updated but NOT verified yet:
JTM45
Carol-Ann OD2
Bogner Shiva
Super Reverb
Diezel VH4 Blue
AC-15 TB
Matchless Chieftain
Tremolux
Mesa JP2C
JMP-1
Blankenship Leeds
Supro 1624T

RELEASE NOTES:
Fixed a mistake in amps with cathode biased power tubes (i.e. AC-30, AC-20, etc.) resulting in excessive bias excursion.

Fixed popping when switching channels in Drive block in rare cases.

Fixed Studio FF Compressor 2 type not working properly if Knee is set to “Hard”.

Fixed Delay block maximum time limited to 8s regardless of entered time.

Fixed Amp block not updating properly when changing scenes if Scene Revert is on.

Fixed Amp block not recalling correct channel for presets saved under earlier firmware.
It seems Friedman HBE2018 has gone.
Any chance to add the model when the official release?

I still don’t have a decent rectifier tone with the triple recto. Hard to reproduce the impact and ohmmff in palm mute you have in front of the stack while playing through studio monitors 😐.
Like watching a Harley Davidson on tv .
Hope to have better result with the dual,thordenthal, waiting for the triple crown too
I really want to have a cool recto tone with the axe . If I cannot have it I will buy a dual I think cause I miss this tone so much. It seems that this amp is hard to be modeled

You've got it backwards, the non-2018 Friedmans are the ones that are gone, and the remaining ones are the 2018 version.
I got it.
But in the latest official firmware, HBE 2018 sounds tighter.
Which model should I take if I prefer HBE 2018 tone in the current official firmware?

I still don’t have a decent rectifier tone with the triple recto. Hard to reproduce the impact and ohmmff in palm mute you have in front of the stack while playing through studio monitors 😐.
Like watching a Harley Davidson on tv .
Hope to have better result with the dual,thordenthal, waiting for the triple crown too
I really want to have a cool recto tone with the axe . If I cannot have it I will buy a dual I think cause I miss this tone so much. It seems that this amp is hard to be modeled
If you have a power amp and cab, you can try crafting a tone through that. See if you can get what you like and try to replicate that with an appropriate IR. I go back and forth between my real cabs and my studio monitors. You have to tweak for each application of course.
Another thing you can try, is using the SLO100, which is updated and confirmed. Rectos, while they have their own thing, are very derivative of the SLO. So that may be a starting point until the other Recto models are updated.

The soldano 100 is super dirty to me, I had better result with the fas modern based on the recto. Yes I have a cab but not a poweramp . I have tried to put the axe in the return of my JP2c head to use it as a poweramp and the result was cool . Yes I probably will be happier playing through a real cab for these tones . Playing with studio monitor is fun and that’s the sound you have when you record, but just to enjoy guitar... a stack is a stack . When you play through a recto for real , the whole room vibe , you do a palm mute you drool 😅. I miss some real violence . This €&@@€ covid .

The soldano 100 is super dirty to me, I had better result with the fas modern based on the recto. Yes I have a cab but not a poweramp . I have tried to put the axe in the return of my JP2c head to use it as a poweramp and the result was cool . Yes I probably will be happier playing through a real cab for these tones . Playing with studio monitor is fun and that’s the sound you have when you record, but just to enjoy guitar... a stack is a stack . When you play through a recto for real , the whole room vibe , you do a palm mute you drool 😅. I miss some real violence . This €&@@€ covid .
We agree there. Tube power and a good cab is an unmatched experience at volume. Therein lies the Kracken!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom