Axe-Fx III 16.00 Beta 8 "Cygnus" Firmware - Public Beta #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Start at 5:44
This guy is the definition of the worst sound ever

So “digital” sounds like the low strings of an 8-string guitar when high-passed and distorted?

May not be your cup of tea, but that’s how you get those low notes to cut through a mix. With bass and a kick drum in there, that’s a fat tone, coming from those notoriously hard-to-control bottom strings.

Ok we are not from the same planet guys, anyway . If you like that sound I cant do nothing for you, I m not a medic.
But I play a 8 strings too and my sounds are not digital like this 🤦.

I'm so glad you said it, I think his sound is like strapping 8 strings to an old 70's metal trashcan. I love the Fishman Moderns and couldn't get the shrill of the Abasi's out of my head.
In fact I have seen these videos to know more about fishman pickup general . And a guy like this don’t give the will to buy it 🤦. I am not talking about his guitar technique. he has a big technique . But seriously wtf is this sound 🤦.

I already posted this in the af3 recording subforum, but I'm reposting here if you don't mind, because everyone has to know that Cygnus finally fills the gap between a real amp and a digital model! Definitely a game changer - and its till a beta!

The JCM 800 Sounds much less tamed to me. The Gain staging is there, and from second listening, EQ isn't the problem here at all because it's pretty spot on. bBut the compressed sound and that upper harmonics that open the sound. It sort of like 15.01 artifact in the upper range that makes it sound like under a blanket and polished.

I have been sticking with the updated and verified amp models and it is just plain fun and educational. It's been a lot of fun to try out amps that I just couldn't connect with before, and give them another shot. The Plexis for example, as much as I love the sound of them, they never were a good match for my guitars. Now however, it's just been a joy to go through them and really hear and feel what I couldn't before and make the appropriate adjustments. It has been educational in a very similar way. I feel more and more that I am getting closer to really knowing what I want out of an amp's sound and feel. With that knowledge it has become very quick to dial in a comfortable sound without much tweaking, as long as the amp is still in the "family" as something else I am familiar with. All of this is attributed to Cliff and the monumental progress that has been made in these betas. I am very excited for the final version while also being quite content and busy with these betas. Special shout out to the Carol Ann Tucanas, they were great before and absolutely fantastic for what I look for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom