Axe-Fx III 16.00 Beta 8 "Cygnus" Firmware - Public Beta #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

FractalAudio

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downlo...xe-fx-3/16p0/axefxiii_dsp_rel_16p00_beta8.zip

This version fixes a bug in Beta 7 that was causing wrong parameter values to be loaded when recalling presets created with earlier firmware versions. It is HIGHLY recommended to install this beta if you are using Beta 7.

IMPORTANT - READ ME - DON'T IGNORE - LISTEN UP CHUCKLEHEADS

1. This is BETA firmware. It is not guaranteed to be flawless and bug-free.
2. It WILL change the sound of your presets.
3. The volume levels of your presets WILL likely change.
4. Not every amp model has been updated yet. Some amp models may sound completely wrong. If an amp model is not listed below there is a possibility it won't sound right.
5. There may be issues with Axe-Edit not working correctly for some amp models.
6. You need to perform a "Refresh After FW Update" if using Axe-Edit.
7. If your favorite amp isn't in either of these lists it's because I haven't done it yet. No need to ask about its status. If you ask about its status you will be sent to the North Wall for the rest of your mortal life.

IF YOU ARE NOT PREPARED TO ACCEPT THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS THEN YOU SHOULD NOT INSTALL THIS FIRMWARE.

The following amp models have been updated and verified against the real amps (when applicable):
'59 Bassman
'65 Bassman
Band-Master
Blues Jr.
Deluxe 5E3
Deluxe Reverb
Twin Reverb BF
Princeton AA964
Princeton Reverb
Super Amp 6G4
Tweed 5F8-A
Vibrolux
Vibroverb
AC20 DLX
Plexi 50W
Plexi 100W
1987x
1959SLP
JCM800
JCM800 #34
Brit Super
Brit 800 Mod
Brit Brown
AFD100
JVM410
CAE 3+
X88
X99
SLO 100
Mark IIC+
Mark IIC++
Mark IV
Triaxis
Recto2
6505+
5150 III
Orange AD30
Tiny Terror
Carol-Ann Triptik
Carol-Ann Tucana
Cornford MK50
Swart Atomic Space Tone
Komet Concorde
Komet 60
FAS Brootalz
Diezel Herbert
Friedman Smallbox
Friedman BE/HBE
Dirty Shirley
Cameron CCV
Cameron Atomica
Dumble ODS-100
Ruby Rocket
Trainwreck Express
Trainwreck Liverpool
Trainwreck Rocket
Badger 18
Badger 30
PRS Archon
Bogner Ecstasy
Bogner Fish
Bogner Uberschall
Dr. Z Maz-38
AC-30
Hot Cat
Matchless DC-30
Engl Savage
Splawn Nitro
Splawn Quickrod
FAS Express
FAS Skull Crusher
FAS 6160
FAS Brown
FAS Rhythm
FAS Lead 1
FAS Lead 2
FAS Modern
FAS Wreck
Big Hair
DAS Metall

The following models have been updated but NOT verified yet:
JTM45
Carol-Ann OD2
Bogner Shiva
Super Reverb
Diezel VH4 Blue
AC-15 TB
Matchless Chieftain
Tremolux
Mesa JP2C
JMP-1
Blankenship Leeds
Supro 1624T

RELEASE NOTES:
Fixed a mistake in amps with cathode biased power tubes (i.e. AC-30, AC-20, etc.) resulting in excessive bias excursion.

Fixed popping when switching channels in Drive block in rare cases.

Fixed Studio FF Compressor 2 type not working properly if Knee is set to “Hard”.

Fixed Delay block maximum time limited to 8s regardless of entered time.

Fixed Amp block not updating properly when changing scenes if Scene Revert is on.

Fixed Amp block not recalling correct channel for presets saved under earlier firmware.

Last edited:
It's been said before, however, I'd like to say a simple thanks to Cliff and team. Your dedication and constant efforts to improve this device is truly amazing. There is simply no other manufacturer in the music equipment industry that I have ever seen that comes close to this level of support and commitment to improvement. I cannot wait to try this new FW. Cheers all!

Damn! I was just about to load Beta 7! Thanks Cliff!
I have done all my tweaks in beta 7, see this , say 🤬. And with luck everything is fine 7 to 8, all the settings are there and no need to retweak . 5 to 7 all the levels were down , all the amp needs to be rebooted cause they sound dead without doing it . Well . Everything is fine . The 2c++ is 👍🏻

has that small bug with the BE/HBEs from a previous beta been fixed or should we still roll back the preamp bias excursion
on the model?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom