Axe-Fx III 16.00 Beta 7 "Cygnus" Firmware - Public Beta #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you update from beta to beta, or from 15 to the latest beta? Best way is to always return to the latest non-beta fw (15.01) + presets before updating to a new beta. Or to reset the block when going from beta to beta, as you have experienced.
In both case you need to reset the blocks no ? So what is the main difference rolling back to 15.01 first ?
Thank you

Theres no need to reset when updating from 15.01 to Beta. You can do it of course.

When updating from beta to beta, the risk increases that any bugs from the previous beta are still there. So I think it's wise to reset in that case. It's just my opinion.

Hi, is there a time horizon for a final version of cygnus including the adjusted factory presets? Personally, it is important to me that cygnus runs stably and shows a step forward with all amp models. The problem for many users will be to completely re-adjust their many presets. This can and will deter some users. Is there perhaps the possibility of an automatic adjustment?

Theres no need to reset when updating from 15.01 to Beta. You can do it of course.

When updating from beta to beta, the risk increases that any bugs from the previous beta are still there. So I think it's wise to reset in that case. It's just my opinion.
15.01 to beta 5, I had a huge difference after reset the amp block that’s why I say this . Ok . So i can say goodbye to all my tweaks so 🤦. Or not

15.01 to beta 5, I had a huge difference after reset the amp block that’s why I say this . Ok . So i can say goodbye to all my tweaks so 🤦. Or not

Yes, but that's to be expected. Read the OP. It's not wise to tweak during the Beta cycle and expect the tweaks to survive.

Hi, is there a time horizon for a final version of cygnus including the adjusted factory presets? Personally, it is important to me that cygnus runs stably and shows a step forward with all amp models. The problem for many users will be to completely re-adjust their many presets. This can and will deter some users. Is there perhaps the possibility of an automatic adjustment?
There is not.

I do this to get comparable results.
I only use the presets from 12.09.
I put these in a directory.
Now I call up the directory via the Preset Manager.
Activate Auto Audition and sort by date.
I am not changing any setting on the preset.
Volume potentiometer of the Strat on 5 at the beginning and output1 fully on.
Listen to the Focal Utopia headphones

Difference between FW 16Beta7 and 15.01, which I perceive.
Realistic response of the amps to the allusion of the sides, pickups and volume potentiometer.
Even the smallest changes can be heard, dynamics, characteristics, liveliness and size of the amp and cap in the room. Sweet spot.

Depending on the input volume, amp and cap. Different sweet spots, overdriving the loudspeaker (s) and housing.
This has also become significantly better with the high gain amps without losing their bite.
Just awesome...
thanks Cliff...

To me, the Cygnus update is so big that I probably would not roll with the beta, if I had any gigging at the moment - but I do not.

In the beta period, I do not touch any of my gigging presets. I just create new from scratch. Try out amps - always resetting the amp block (Ctrl+I) before starting. It is so much fun to fool around.

When the release drops, I will re-dial the amps in my global blocks (maybe even swap in some new amp models), but also there, I will start by resetting the amp block.

I usually recklessly gig with betas (is there a group just for us types?) but the changes are so significant in this release that I have rolled back for now. I did one gig with the first beta and found I will need to adjust how I think about some of these amps, the realism is just so profound. (However, that one gig was enough for the singer to rave about how fantastic the chimey amp sounded!) I can’t wait to spend some quality time with the final release and probably learn how amps actually work 😂

To me, the Cygnus update is so big that I probably would not roll with the beta, if I had any gigging at the moment - but I do not.

In the beta period, I do not touch any of my gigging presets. I just create new from scratch. Try out amps - always resetting the amp block (Ctrl+I) before starting. It is so much fun to fool around.

When the release drops, I will re-dial the amps in my global blocks (maybe even swap in some new amp models), but also there, I will start by resetting the amp block.

+10

Tell me if it’s a good process (to be back in 15.01)

- erase the beta presets
-update with previous firmware
-uninstall axe edit beta
-reinstall the official axe edit
-drop the 15.01 presets you have in a folder with preset manager
-refresh ?

certainly many of us are familiar with using extremely low Input Drive levels to create clean tones from higher gain amp blocks, and unsure how much the update affected this, but I discovered one of the most beautiful tones ever using the IIC++ this AM(these are mods I to the otherwise unchanged stock IIc+ preset..)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 48
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 49

Agree 100%. I have a bunch of presets set up with synth drones etc, and I have had those freeze up and turn into a loud screeching mess while trying out the beta stuff. I'd never risk it on a gig. I'm treating the Axe 3 as a playground right now with the beta versions. If I suddenly got a gig, I'd use my trusty old AX8 until the official release of Cygnus (and after significant time playing at home with my gigging patches to make sure they are acting as expected.)

They are still working on it
I wouldn’t think they are going to updating 300 presets in the near future, as others have said Cygnus changes are significant enough that you will be redoing your own presets anyway more than likely

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom