Axe-Fx III 16.00 Beta 5 "Cygnus" Firmware - Public Beta #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problems with lemmings in general, is that they continue walking if you don’t add a lemming stopper . It was a hard game on my Nintendo nes . And you Randall , you like the beta ? Are you a mortal Kombat fan who likes solid state amps in real life ?
please forgive me but I don't really know how to answer this , but. I am not a gamer
no I don't play solid state amps but would if they inspired me or the song called for it like a JC120
It's a beta , we have have already seen a few changes in it , a lot of people dig it and personally I would not judge it until its completed and Cliff is happy with it . it sounds good to me but I hav not gone through 100 amps , no time ,so likely I will wait until it out

@FractalAudio You said the delay time bug was fixed for the next release in the 15.01 thread, but I can still reproduce it with this beta (select digital mono delay, set time to any value above 8000ms, results in an 8s delay). I'm aware we're technically not yet at "next release" as it's still a beta, just mentioning it in case it's a regression...
Fixed now. I misunderstood the original bug report and thought it was just a display bug.

Great beta. I think I hit a pretty easy repro of the bug others are talking about from amp pop if it helps.

Also this beta sounds awesome. Still working on this preset but really already digging a lot of the sounds I'm getting from it.

To repro:

Go to scene8
Hit like a C major power chord
switch to scene1 (I use scene + on my FC6)

Hear really loud pop as it moves across the scene

Edit: I realize this has two user cabs in it ... Cali Far field a&B from the Fractal far field free pack. Doesn't seem to matter for the repro though. I just tried moving preset 1 cab to channel B which uses factory cabs and I still repro quite easily.
Fixed for next release. The optimizer somehow broke a piece of code that was doing a handshake between cores.

please forgive me but I don't really know how to answer this , but. I am not a gamer
no I don't play solid state amps but would if they inspired me or the song called for it like a JC120
It's a beta , we have have already seen a few changes in it , a lot of people dig it and personally I would not judge it until its completed and Cliff is happy with it . it sounds good to me but I hav not gone through 100 amps , no time ,so likely I will wait until it out
I am happy with the beta at 99%. Everything is better : cleans , crunch’s , Marshalls ...Then yes i scratch my head with the IIc+, and as it’s a beta , it can be that there is a mistake , but maybe it’s me

Those Strandbergs are lovely.
True Temperament too! A bold move.

I had to choose between a Strandberg 6 string, or the AF3 with last year's refund.
The III rightfully won the struggle.

I love the tail cut, the ability to perch it on your thigh like a classical. Next time I'm in the guitar market that will likely be the one.
The USA IIC++ model sounds nice and takes real pedals very well 🥰

@ModelGuitarist Thanks, and apologies for being OT too but I suggest everyone at least try a Strandberg. The reason I say this is because I think it pertains to all guitarists and our health. I went with Strandberg for the ergonomics because I suffer from calcific tendonitis and just aging in general :) Their guitars are super light, and very easy to handle, and their Enduroneck is really quite terrific. When I built my Warmoth Tele, I used a Clapton shaped neck and I love that neck, so I was intrigued to try the Strandies.

Here are two examples, the 7, darker one, is their normal Enduroneck, and the 8 is their relaxed version for Meshuggah's Per Nilsson's Signature Singularity Weapon of Ash Destruction 🤘
PXL_20210313_203812909.jpg
The 7 is active and the 8 is passive:
PXL_20210313_204519762.jpg
As far as TT goes, I found I had to unlearn how I corrected for the inaccuracies of a standard tuned guitar. At first, I was like what's up with this? And then I realized it was me. I had to unlearn to press a little harder or lighter with this or that finger, and then things started to sound sweet. A tuner that tunes to tempered tuning helps too :)

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions and to delete if not appropriate.

The Chieftain was totally redone and has not been verified yet. I have not verified the tone control tapers yet.

I'm dreading lugging that amp into the lab because it weighs a metric ton.
Damn, just damn... I just spent two hours with this model and one of the York Audio Matchless IRs and it's unbelievable. I never really liked Boutique 1 + 2, but the new Chieftain is crazy good. I was actually entertaining the idea of buying one of these or the Bad Cat equivalent but I think I'm good now.

Wheels FTW!
I may have related the story of rolling it past the TV and the magnets making all but green sink to the bottom of the screen for like a month. The OL was not pleased....
I remember that story!

Yeah I had a cart to roll the amps and 4x12s around, and be bathed in sweat by the time I was ready to rock.....'fun' times 😅

Chapter 4 you mean ? (🤣)
back in the day you call sos Nintendo with your phone when you were locked in a game, and your parents kicked your ass when they receive the phone bill .
Now in 2021 we have people unable to talk with each other’s , block them when they differ . They are so sensitive when you don’t think like them, they scratch until they bleed behind their computer . Everything is Nintendo’s fault .

and you hm269, you like the beta ?
Mud is very entertaining.

Wheels FTW!
I may have related the story of rolling it past the TV and the magnets making all but green sink to the bottom of the screen for like a month. The OL was not pleased....
Yeah those frying pan sized magnets on the EVs are something else. Too bad they don't have a neodymium version with the same great tone.

I remember that story!

Yeah I had a cart to roll the amps and 4x12s around, and be bathed in sweat by the time I was ready to rock.....'fun' times 😅

I wish we had a cart when I started touring instead of partway through. Woulda been super helpful! But we got there, before we went bigger haha.

Fixed for next release. The optimizer somehow broke a piece of code that was doing a handshake between cores.
Cool! Thanks for that. I also found a work around by fixing the preset. On scene 8 I had amp 1 bypassed and amp 2 active.

On scene 1 it reversed. But i had bypass set as thru instead of mute.

Changing the bypasses to mute worked properly.

Wish: Would it be possible to choose the default bypass state for blocks. I hardly ever use the "Thru" bypass state in the amp block, so every time, I reset the block, I have to go and switch the bypass state back to mute. With delays and reverbs, I would also greatly prefer them to default to 'mute FX in'.

I realize that this would probably not be easy to implement.

Wish: Would it be possible to choose the default bypass state for blocks. I hardly ever use the "Thru" bypass state in the amp block, so every time, I reset the block, I have to go and switch the bypass state back to mute. With delays and reverbs, I would also greatly prefer them to default to 'mute FX in'.

I realize that this would probably not be easy to implement.
Yup that is exactly what caught me out. I was experimenting with the preset and just slapped two amp blocks in and forgot to change the bypass.

Only figured it out when my levels were hot on the output and changing the active amp level didn't fix it.

As an alternate wish how about different visuals for a bypass block that is muted vs passing thru?

Or how about changing the lines connecting the blocks to show which ones have signal and which ones are dead

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom