Axe-Fx III 16.00 Beta 5 "Cygnus" Firmware - Public Beta #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like you might have Power Amp modeling turned off globally.
Power amp modeling is On. Output is still set at +4. Not sure what else to look for.

My Output meters are still very low compared to before I loaded beta 5. I've raised the Amp level to "0" but it's still not where it should be. I've always kept the Amp level around -20 or so on my main presets and my output level was right where it needed to be.

I'm including a preset if anyone wants to take a look at it and see if there's something I'm missing. Also a snapshot at where my Output level is currently at.

Attachments

• Bishop5150 Beta 5 Preset.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot (11).png
    Screenshot (11).png
    305.2 KB · Views: 25
Power amp modeling is On. Output is still set at +4. Not sure what else to look for.

My Output meters are still very low compared to before I loaded beta 5. I've raised the Amp level to "0" but it's still not where it should be. I've always kept the Amp level around -20 or so on my main presets and my output level was right where it needed to be.

I'm including a preset if anyone wants to take a look at it and see if there's something I'm missing. Also a snapshot at where my Output level is current

I'm including a preset if anyone wants to take a look at it and see if there's something I'm missing. Also a snapshot at where my Output level is c

I'm including a preset if anyone wants to take a look at it and see if there's something I'm missing. Also a snapshot at where my Output level is currently at.
I need to bump Out 1 output level to -12 db to get to where I am tickling the red in the Output block. Patch seems OK - sounds nice.

Can confirm I'm also hearing this exactly as @Satch4u3 describes it after just updating from Beta 1 to Beta 2, similar to how the JVM and 5150 III Red was when discovered faulty.

For reference I'm using Friedman BE V1 and previously had the master volume set to 4. Using my ears and watching the headroom meter I hear that this seems to translate to around 2.8 on the master volume in the new beta, but this isn't the difference in sound I'm hearing, something definitely sounds off.

I have reset and re-dialed, new version of Axe Edit refreshed, everything covered from what I can see.
There were no changes to the Friedman models. The taper also didn't change as it is Log15 in the model so it's power of suggestion.

That patch pegs the output meters here. I suspect you have something attached to your Output 1 Volume in Setup->MIDI/Remote->Other.

Can confirm I'm also hearing this exactly as @Satch4u3 describes it after just updating from Beta 1 to Beta 2, similar to how the JVM and 5150 III Red was when discovered faulty.

For reference I'm using Friedman BE V1 and previously had the master volume set to 4. Using my ears and watching the headroom meter I hear that this seems to translate to around 2.8 on the master volume in the new beta, but this isn't the difference in sound I'm hearing, something definitely sounds off.

I have reset and re-dialed, new version of Axe Edit refreshed, everything covered from what I can see.
The HBE is one of the models I mentioned having a "blanket over the cab" effect going on with earlier (the Herbie and Archon also).

That would be a really bad design idea, because it would send levels all over the place when switching between the two options, and it would seriously hinder sharing presets.

That would not happen when the displayed values would change too.
Let's say you have a Fender Dlx that already has 80% of it's MV at a knob setting of 3.1 in authentic mode but the internal value isn't 3.1, it's 80% and the knob displyed at 3.1 is just a display of these 80% but calculated with that messed up fender curve, so it reads 3.1

Can you also imagine adjusting some of these things at your gig live?

Drummer tells you to turn up a tad....

You go from barely audible at 0.9 to blasting everyone's ears off at 1.2

Your drummer is screaming at you to try another amp instead, that one is making his ears bleed...

You go to crank up the new amp, but this one barely adjusts after 3.....

He tells you to add some high end, you go from 0.9 to 1.1 on the presence dial and blast his ears off again.....

Sounds like a fun jam right? I'm sure he'll LOVE your axe fx, cuz it's SOOOOOOOOO authentic....
Reminds me of the MV taper on the real Boogie Mark IV I used to have. 0.5 - barely audible......1.0 - killing small animals

Reminds me of the MV taper on the real Boogie Mark IV I used to have. 0.5 - barely audible......1.0 - killing small animals
The master volume is not the only volume control in the axe 🥱😐 . So you never will have the problem of “too loud / too quiet “ whatever it’s done on mv .....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom