Axe-Fx III 16.00 Beta 5 "Cygnus" Firmware - Public Beta #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we get the true MV taper, then as a 'punishment' we might get the Fender Blues/Hotrod Deluxe where the amp goes from dead sounding to out of control between 0.9 and 1.1 on the amp master volumešŸ˜

I had a deluxe and oh yes. I couldnā€™t get it past 2 - 2.5.

My point on keeping knobs consistent was just that. Either have them all idealized or all authentic. Would it make sense to have B/M authentic and T idealized? Just playing devils advocate here

Though the comment on ā€œthatā€™s what the FAS models are forā€ I feel is on the money.

I donā€™t know. In the end all weā€™ll only care about is what it sounds like and everyone will be happy. Except for mud.

I had a deluxe and oh yes. I couldnā€™t get it past 2 - 2.5.

My point on keeping knobs consistent was just that. Either have them all idealized or all authentic. Would it make sense to have B/M authentic and T idealized? Just playing devils advocate here

Though the comment on ā€œthatā€™s what the FAS models are forā€ I feel is on the money.

I donā€™t know. In the end all weā€™ll only care about is what it sounds like and everyone will be happy. Except for mud.
But ? You turn this button in the axe seriously ?
i donā€™t understand why you are all crying about that , you donā€™t like the sound like this ?
by default the master volume in this beta and everywhere is good no ? I imagine he donā€™t choose this default position randomly.

Maybe I donā€™t understand . So you prefer to have a fictive master volume that goes up in a rational way better than have the real button for each amp thatā€™s it ?

If we go with idealized MV, and the authentic taper is known, canā€™t someone just publish a calculator to do a quick convert, similar to what is in Yekā€™s guide for the Fender knobs?

But yes I agree that we donā€™t choose a setting in the master volume button because it ā€œsound good like thisā€ . At home if you have neighbors you cannot play at 4 and live you turn it differently because of the other musicians .... the only things we know is that the amps begin to sound like it is made at 2/3 and not under for example . But seriously you are talking about a detail .... the axe wonā€™t sound better with or without it , even if I prefer realistic controls . This is a difference between a cheap plugin and the king of modelers . If cliff really have done the real master button for each amps itā€™s just an amazing work

The inconsistency of master volumes and their useable range being most generally from 2-3 has always been a pain in my posterior. Some were next to impossible to find the volume needed. From kazoo to blasting in the touch of a finger. Canā€™t say Iā€™d want that modeled.

I was very excited to see the Angle Severe models updated. I noticed they are much brighter and articulate but still brutal. One thing I did notice was that if you turn the presence the down to zero, the whole amp gets louder. Maybe it's the way an Engl behaves?
I have a Savage and it does not work that way.

The function of the Master volume is different in the Axe than it is in tube amps. As was discussed earlier in the thread, in tube amps, the Master controls the volume AND the tone. But in the Axe it really can be thought of as another tone control since the overall volume is controlled by the Level knob. While thinking of it that way, I don't particularly mind whether it is authentic or idealized. Bogner's treble controls and any amp with a Baxandall tone stack are very particular and their taper is not what you would call "idealized." But despite that, they are functional and people get amazing tones out of Bogners and Legacies while using the master in conjunction with the tone controls. While certain amps' masters are reminiscent of that, I don't mind one way or the other because in the Axe they are more of a "feel" control than a volume one. If I had to lean towards one, I'm not sure I could decide because both have their merits. If I think of the Master knob as it's tube amp equivalent, then I lean towards wanting it to be authentic. But as a tone control, it doesn't really matter and may be preferable as idealized because you want as much control over it's effect as possible. Whatever it becomes, I'll adjust (literally and figuratively) and enjoy the adventure.

No boost at all for now , one york audio stock IR , small M comp with a light mid boost , but I can do better I think still trying

The Master Volume control taper now matches the real amp. In all prior firmwares the MV taper was Log15 for every model regardless of what the real amp used. I will have to check those two models you are using to see if the taper is different from Log15.

I may return the taper back to Log15 for the final release. Haven't decided yet.
Possible to have Master Taper as a Global Setting option? Real/Log15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom