Axe-Fx III 16.00 Beta 5 "Cygnus" Firmware - Public Beta #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
When the stage allowed it (volume), my traditional cab with two EVMs delivered the best tone I've EVER had. Shivers, just thinklng about it ...

My favorite speaker ever. Both my Axe FX and Fryette Deliverance 120 sound great through it at concert volume.

32594798968_2fc9f26775_b.jpg

So ? No one cares about the 2C+ ?
I never tried a real one myself , but the sound in the axe is so strange, that's not possible there is a problem .
ok ok , I know it s bad to see videos in youtube , but this amp is similar to the jp2C not a big muff with no more battery
Tell me back if someone got the same feel

I can check. I have mkIIc+ and a jp2c.

Then use Beta 4. As I said earlier the amps are more aggressive. If you don't like that use an older firmware.
Here's a file showing the "buzzing" I'm hearing that sounds like cone cry to me, not ghost notes. You'll hear it best at 24 seconds in when I add a 2nd drive stage. This sounds less like my real HC30 (pictured below, that I've had for my #1 for 6 or 7 years) than prior FW's. FW16 Beta 4 doesn't do this. And, I've never had that buzzing noise with my real amp with similar settings, or even more aggressive settings.

Are there settings in the model I can change to get rid of the buzzing without losing the character of the breakup?

IMG_1396.JPG

Last edited:
It sounds like clipping to me. I had the same problem and checked my input levels and I was clipping in front. Not sure why I never heard that before, but it fixed it

It sounds like clipping to me. I had the same problem and checked my input levels and I was clipping in front. Not sure why I never heard that before, but it fixed it
Interesting. I already have my input levels pretty low, and don't have red LED's, but I hadn't thought of that. I'll check them again. Thanks!

It sounds like the distortion may be coming from the delay. What happens when you cut the delay?
I run an analog board into the front of the Axe III, so the preset I use is two amps (both Matchless DC30 EF86) in stereo into a stereo cab to the outputs.

I run an analog board into the front of the Axe III, so the preset I use is two amps (both Matchless DC30 EF86) in stereo into a stereo cab to the outputs.
Can you recreate the problem when it's just guitar > Axe-Fx and the preset is just an AMP-CAB block pair in the grid? Otherwise there's too much in the signal chain to debug this.

Can you recreate the problem when it's just guitar > Axe-Fx and the preset is just an AMP-CAB block pair in the grid? Otherwise there's too much in the signal chain to debug this.
At the very top end there's extra bzz which is common to most of the amps I've tried in beta 5 to a lesser degree. But the DC30 is on the non-verified list so there's that.

I am happy with the beta at 99%. Everything is better : cleans , crunch’s , Marshalls ...Then yes i scratch my head with the IIc+, and as it’s a beta , it can be that there is a mistake , but maybe it’s me
The nice thing about Fractal is, if you find an amp that you don't like there are so many more to choose from. I don't get fixated on any particular amp. I just find one that sounds good to me. Make's life so much easier.

Fixed for next release. The optimizer somehow broke a piece of code that was doing a handshake between cores.
Hi,

I know it is never well received when a user belabors a point once Cliff says an issue will be fixed. But I Just want to confirm that the user reporting the scene changing pops and my reported volume spikes when muting/soloing cabs in the cab block are the same/related issues.

Here is the type of volume spike I am experiencing - PLEASE TURN DOWN YOUR SPEAKER VOLUME!

At the very top end there's extra bzz which is common to most of the amps I've tried in beta 5 to a lesser degree. But the DC30 is on the non-verified list so there's that.
Yeah, the DC30 isn't verified, but as you say, it's in most of the amps I've tried in Beta 5. But I've never heard that from a properly working real amp (Lots of experience with Two Rocks, Matchless, Welagen, Morgan, Benson - the Benson might be the possible exception as the Tweed's do have some of that upper treble buzz).

Question. with Cygnus rolling out how is it going to effect if you download a preset from fm3 to the axe 3 with the Cygnus update?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom