Axe-Fx III 16.00 Beta 4 "Cygnus" Firmware - Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just pulled the trigger and went to the beta. Yeah that's something else. High gain feels much tigher now

I was wondering, how does one determine these software calculations are more "correct"? Are there some equations that come out better or does it simply sound more alike?

How does one measure that?
You have to rely on some of us slightly older (now almost deaf) guys, who played through these actual amps forever. And it’s not just ears. The back of my knees learned the amp-in-the-room sound over the course of many years. Btw, the real test? Play outdoors on a stage.

I play with headphones a lot, those room parameters are a godsend. I just turn up the level at the standard hall setting, and it instantly feels to me like I'm listening to a miced up amp in the other room.

I had neglected the room tab for a long time as i never had an issue with the tones i was getting.

Futzed with room at 10% and 20% mic spread 100% and I may need to edit some presets now haha.

You have to rely on some of us slightly older (now almost deaf) guys, who played through these actual amps forever. And it’s not just ears. The back of my knees learned the amp-in-the-room sound over the course of many years. Btw, the real test? Play outdoors on a stage.

I was always really happy when I found out a band I was in was doing an outdoor gig and I could really wind my Rivera's up

hmmm
yvekvuajxlfz.jpg

I just spent another day noodling with the Cygnus firmware. Whew.

Another important change for me change for me is that there is a certain "chewiness" and envelope on the note that didn't exist before. You can really dig in and feel the note shift depending on the attack on the string. Its a feel thing but it's completely inspiring! For me it makes playing this firmware with a Strat absolutely mindbogglingly awesome. Everything so far sounds good but my EJ just absolutely kills.

Cliff - I have no idea what black magic you are doing but keep it up! This update may actually be the impetus that I need to finally ditch my remaining pedals and amps. I sincerely can't imagine ever turning them on again.

I just spent another day noodling with the Cygnus firmware. Whew.

Another important change for me change for me is that there is a certain "chewiness" and envelope on the note that didn't exist before. You can really dig in and feel the note shift depending on the attack on the string. Its a feel thing but it's completely inspiring! For me it makes playing this firmware with a Strat absolutely mindbogglingly awesome. Everything so far sounds good but my EJ just absolutely kills.

Cliff - I have no idea what black magic you are doing but keep it up! This update may actually be the impetus that I need to finally ditch my remaining pedals and amps. I sincerely can't imagine ever turning them on again.
Have you tried your pedals in front of the Axe? It works really well. Try this before selling them!

This firmware is great! I used the Cygnus’d Princeton Reverb in church yesterday and it felt and sounded great. I did find a few more Axe Edit graphical bugs in the FC Per Preset editing. It defaults to Amp 1 in effect type, it still works as originally programmed on the FC, but displays Amp 1 until I click it, then it’s correct again. I’m on the Axe Edit beta on Mac. But the amps sound fantastic in Cygnus and they take effects really really well!

Anyone get the feeling maybe Cliff had another epiphany and is working on FW 17 ?

OR the JP-2C Mesa he bought got delivered and ate him :(
Yes he is playing all day long with the jp 🤣
« Fok it rulez mannn » 😅👍🏻
I don’t know how you can stay one month with a « demo », respect guys ! (I tried Cygnus 1 hour I think )
i am curious about the JP2c and the mark 2c++

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom