Axe-Fx III 16.00 Beta 4 "Cygnus" Firmware - Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't read through all of the posts, so if this was already mentioned then please forgive me. the Angle Severe amp is severely broken. lol. sound like the amp is barely biased on. I'm sure the fix is in the works.

Everything else is kicking major ass!

I haven't read through all of the posts, so if this was already mentioned then please forgive me. the Angle Severe amp is severely broken. lol. sound like the amp is barely biased on. I'm sure the fix is in the works.

Everything else is kicking major ass!
The engl's haven't been fully updated yet. I'm waiting to make the switch to cygnus when the severe is done, that's my main chug.

He's right - I am seeing same issues even while just spinning the dials from preset to preset, something I have never heard before...very loud pops and thumps.
The other person was talking about pops when changing IRs specifically, not presets.

The first post of this thread says it's likely you may here pops when changing Amps so not a surprise you'd experience that during preset changes.

I have an 8am call and I'm still up playing the dang Badger 18 with a shimmer drive in front of it. Literally the fattest, juiciest tone I've EVER HAD.
I am digging that combo!

I never really got on with the Shimmer drive for some reason but I also found it works well with the 59 Bassman and the Roamer. Give it a shot with those.

How's Magnum 44 sound for home use? And speaker type?
I think, the Magnum is fine. I almost always go direct to studio monitors or FOH, but this setup with the Magnum and this little cab is a great grab'n'go setup for those times when I just go and jam or sit in with other people. It is very loud. I have no problem keeping up with a drummer with the Axe into the Magnum.

The cab has a Celestion G12H30 Anniversary speaker in it.

One thing about the Magnum; the power supply is bigger and heavier than the pedal itself. I think that is a bit annoying and for that reason alone, I am looking at alternatives

I think, the Magnum is fine. I almost always go direct to studio monitors or FOH, but this setup with the Magnum and this little cab is a great grab'n'go setup for those times when I just go and jam or sit in with other people. It is very loud. I have no problem keeping up with a drummer with the Axe into the Magnum.

The cab has a Celestion G12H30 Anniversary speaker in it.

One thing about the Magnum; the power supply is bigger and heavier than the pedal itself. I think that is a bit annoying and for that reason alone, I am looking at alternatives

I have a Magnum in the glove department. No, not a gun. The EHX Magnum and a Tech 21 British pedal and some cables. That's literally my backup rig. I can do a show with those if the regular rig fails.

Anyone find luck with the Swart/Nuclear amp? I see to have an AST and am having a hard time finding the magic that was in that amp. Will keep playing around...

Is it just me or does many of the Friedman amp sims now have way less gain on tap and less thump? Had the previous firmware BE model to exactly match my real BE100 deluxe and now not so much. I find now that I have to max the gain and push the front end harder with a boost to get the same tone as before. Also notice I have to really lower the presence/treble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom